Moderator: ModTeam

Gamers Dad
Product(s): Scaleo Pi 1313
Intel Pentium D 2,66 GHz
2 Gb RAM

[Pi] Sapphire HD 2600 Pro - stalls on boot

Postby Gamers Dad » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:16

Hi !
Have a Scaleo Pi 1313 (XP SP-3) with a Asus P5SD2-FM motherboard and installed a Sapphire HD 2600 Pro PCI-e graphics card on it. Don't get it to work "whatever I do", it always stalls at the black screen with the Windows logo and the "loading-bar".

In safe mode I have installed the drivers and tried to re-boot - but it's not working. Could it be possible that the graphics card isn't compatible with the computer ?

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Re: Sapphire HD 2600 Pro - stalls on boot

Postby bubblegum » Sun Oct 12, 2008 18:44

Have you removed the old graphics drivers via the add/remove programs?

Then try to install. I assume you have .exe file to run.
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

Gamers Dad
Intel Pentium D 2,66 GHz
2 Gb RAM

Re: Sapphire HD 2600 Pro - stalls on boot

Postby Gamers Dad » Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:08

Yes, I removed in Control panel "add/remove programs" all ATI-software and then used cleaner to get rid of all ATI - there was a lot of files to be deleted...
After that I put in the new card and tried to get it going again. In Safe mode after I installed the new drivers, in Device Manager I could see the 2600 ok - reboot - stuck in the same place....
Could it be that the card needs 400 W or more and the power on the computer is "only" 350 W ??

kjdean

Re: [1313] Sapphire HD 2600 Pro - stalls on boot

Postby kjdean » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:34

I just installed an Asus EN 8600 GT and it works fine. Like the Sapphire it takes 45 Watt power. I also have a 350 Watt power unit and no problems yet.

Gamers Dad
Intel Pentium D 2,66 GHz
2 Gb RAM

Re: [Pi] Sapphire HD 2600 Pro - stalls on boot

Postby Gamers Dad » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:06

There must be something very wrong with the pre-installed Windows in this machine......

Gave up the installation of the graphics card. It didn't work even though I re-installed Windows with the recovery dvd that came with the computer. Always the same result, everything stopped when windows was loading. Then after that - I tried to install a printer (paralell port) to this machine - the same outcome as with the graphics card.
You are right kjdean, it probably isn't lack of power as i tried with another power feeding the hdd and dvd and the fans and the machines own unit feeding the motherboard (and the graphics card) only - still the same problem

Well, first I installed a PCI-card that has a paralell-port (as the computer didn't have one), that went fine and windows recoqnized the card and installed it without problems. If I boot without the printer attached everything is ok - with the printer attached eveything comes to a halt at the windows loading screen. If I attach the printer after windows has loaded - everything stops responding - and it's a plug-and-play laserjet. Tried also with another laserprinter - the same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions ? Shoud I throw this computer out the window or try to replace this pre-installed windows with a new version (that I have to buy...) ?

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Sun Oct 26, 2008 14:40

I can't see that buying another copy of windows will make any difference, compared to the recovery disk.

I haven't got any more suggestions at the moment.

Apart from power supply.
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

Gamers Dad
Intel Pentium D 2,66 GHz
2 Gb RAM

Postby Gamers Dad » Sun Oct 26, 2008 22:09

Probably not... I just can't understand what's wrong. Starting to get suspicious - is there a jumper on the motherboard that prevents me from adding any hardware on the computer :roll: . Just kidding, but I don't understand what could be wrong.

Why windows became "under suspicion":
- the new graphics card must have worked somehow as the monitor was attached to it and it functioned as far as when windows was to launch - could access bios and windows in safe-mode (+ install the drivers and see that there was no conflicts).
- the different printers attached: everything is ok until windows loads - then everything freezes

Could it have something to do with the shared IRQ:s, bios settings (haven't tampered with the settings)? The lack of power I could maybe understand with the graphics card, but not with the installation of the printers.

svh46
Product(s): Scaleo P, 3 GHZ P IV, 1 GB RAM, XP SP3 and a none working Graphics card (nVidia 6200 / 64 MB and a Sapphire Radeon 2600 HD Pro PCI-e)

Postby svh46 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 13:35

Is this problem solved?

I'm getting the same problem after installing the HD2600 pro (exchanged the old nVidia 6200, 64Mb card because of defect).
nVidia drivers where thoroughly removed.

Computer boots fine in safe mode but after installing ATI drivers it just locks up in the same manner as you described.

Regards, Simon

Gamers Dad
Intel Pentium D 2,66 GHz
2 Gb RAM

Postby Gamers Dad » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:20

No, it remains unsolved ! Didn't get that card to work, are now satisfied with the original Radeon X1300.

Contacted local F-S helpdesk and they answered: "We don't help you if you have installed any additional hardware..." Very helpful, thank you F-S !

Northernlight
Product(s): Scaleo P PD 945 1 1,0G

Postby Northernlight » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:00

It appears that you have tried many possible solutions but unless I've missed it, you don't appear to haven investigated your BIOS settings.

From your posts, it seems almost certain that a fundamental Windows fault isn't the cause of your problem; you also seem to have verified that your system supports the hardware, at least at a basic power level.

Verify your BIOS options and force a re-enumeration/assignment of all your hardware at the IRQ and DMA level if necessary. The option to do this should be obvious within the BIOS config.

No guarantee that it will help but it's certainly a possibility. Although the OS is ultimately responsible for assignments if you have confirmed its ability within the BIOS (all recent Windows versions), it is still worth trying.

pawel1976
Product(s): Scaleo P

Postby pawel1976 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 19:05

Is this problem solved?

I'm getting the same problem after installing the Asus EAH 4850/1GB
Please help me

Bregelad
Product(s): Scaleo-P with P5SD2-FM motherboard

Postby Bregelad » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:11

Did you ever get this problem sorted? It seems that there are a lot of us out here who need to renew our BIOS and there doesn't appear to be any help.

Northernlight wrote:It appears that you have tried many possible solutions but unless I've missed it, you don't appear to haven investigated your BIOS settings.

From your posts, it seems almost certain that a fundamental Windows fault isn't the cause of your problem; you also seem to have verified that your system supports the hardware, at least at a basic power level.

Verify your BIOS options and force a re-enumeration/assignment of all your hardware at the IRQ and DMA level if necessary. The option to do this should be obvious within the BIOS config.

No guarantee that it will help but it's certainly a possibility. Although the OS is ultimately responsible for assignments if you have confirmed its ability within the BIOS (all recent Windows versions), it is still worth trying.

Return to “SCALEO”