AMILO A7620 RAM upgrade from 512M to 2G

AMILO Notebook, ESPRIMO Mobile, Handhelds (PDA), etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

hanspeter
Product(s): Amilo A7620 with Processor Athlon XP-M

AMILO A7620 RAM upgrade from 512M to 2G

Postby hanspeter » Wed Nov 04, 2009 18:06

Hi there

I still use successfully and satisfied my AMILO A7620 with an AMD Athlon XP-M processor. So far I had the original two RAM modules of 256M each.
I now wanted to upgrade to 2G RAM. I purchased a Kingston 1G RAM Module (the one that is indicated on the Kingston website for the A7620 with XP-M processor). Removing the two 256M modules and inserting one 1GM module in the lower slot works fine. The computer starts and works perfectly.
However, when I insert in the upper slot additionally a 256M module then the computer makes a short start up bip, makes a very short blue screen and then Windows XP starts up, but goes after that into the Blackscreen from where you can select in which mode you want to start Windows. Clicking on "Start Windows in normal mode" repeats the procedure and I finally have to switch off the Power. Removing the 256M module and keeping only the one 1G module then everything is OK again.
I thought it might be the combination and purchased a second 1G RAM module, but the same happens as described above.

Does anybody of you have had a similar experience and/or has successfully brought this to work? Please let me know.

I am not sure if one can test if the processor is REALLY the XP-M (even the stickers say so...), because according the specs only the XP-M version allows for 2G upgrade, the normal XP version only for 1G. Is there a possibility to verify this, any hints how to do that?

Or can it be the BIOS version (which I have difficulties to believe it could be the problem because the machine basically starts)?

Would be great to get some help from some of you. Thanks in advance.

Hanspeter

javed
Product(s): amilo m1424

Re: AMILO A7620 RAM upgrade from 512M to 2G

Postby javed » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40

thd amilo A7620 motherboard chipset supports highest ram of 1GB. THEREFORE when u try increasing it more than that it shows up problems.updating the bios will not make any difference but u may end up destroying it..bcoz bios flash is one of the most risky things to do in laptops..i knw this is a very late reply bt must help other users with same problem.

lunna31
Product(s): Amilo A7620

Re: AMILO A7620 RAM upgrade from 512M to 2G

Postby lunna31 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:38

I put 1gb and every time I open my laptop the screen freezes and I can't use it :(

Return to “Older products”