DVD driver on AMILO S 2636 jammed....stupid

Moderator: ModTeam

Robinboy
Product(s): AMILO Si 2636

DVD driver on AMILO S 2636 jammed....stupid

Postby Robinboy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 15:51

Hello everybody out there.
I have a very stupid problem with the dvd drive on my Amilo s 2636.
I bougth a usb digital TV receptor for to use with my laptop and the drivers for that hardware where on a small cd. I'm sure you all have seen one of those sometime. They are like half the size of a normal cd or dvd.
When I inserted the lttle cd in to the drive of my laptop it did not work, the when I pushed the button for it to come out did not eather. In other words it's in there and because it's not a normal size cd the mechanism doesn't eject it.

HOW stupid of Fujitsu to not think of this problem. I mean, they are supposed to be more modern this little dvd disks, why doesn't the laptops driver support them..INCREDIBLE. :x

Any way the question is....does anybody knows what I could do to eject the little disck from my driver?
For those that don't know, the driver on the amilos 2636 it sucks in the disk it doesn't open out like other do.

Could anybody helpme with some ideas?

Thanks for the help.
...Robinboy ©

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Re: DVD driver on AMILO S 2636 jammed....stupid

Postby bubblegum » Thu Jul 09, 2009 16:14

There might be a small hole you can push a paperclip in, to eject the disk.
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

Robinboy
Product(s): AMILO Si 2636

Postby Robinboy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 17:48

Thanks for tryingto help. I have been in contact with the support center and they say this:

"As stated in the manual for the computer, if you enter foreign objects (which includes mini-cd/dvds) in the dvd-player you will have to send it to our authorised and certified service centres to have it removed, and as this isn't covered by the warranty you will have to pay a charge for it.

Can you believe it...they call a mini dvd a foreign object to the computer....do I use it in the kitchen? NOT in a computer...
If I knew my laptop had this limitations i would have not bougth it....
So now I have to pay because the driver for the digital tv it was in a mini dvd to save place, plastic and be better for the enviroment....

Nice.
...Robinboy ©

gsebs
Product(s): Amilo Pro V2010

Postby gsebs » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:29

well maybe you did not put it in properly, however there are enough instructions to dismantle a laptop why not give it a go yourself, it is not to hard a thing to try.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”