Amilo Pi 1505 SATA driver

Moderator: ModTeam

whamtheman
Product(s): Amilo Pi 1505

Amilo Pi 1505 SATA driver

Postby whamtheman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:12

Hi!

I'm trying to reinstall the OS on my Amilo Pi 1505, but the installation disk won't recognize the HDD at all. Not unusual, as the installation media does not contain the correct SATA driver. I then checked the laptop model's support and downloads page, downloaded the SATA driver, and got an .exe file, which even if unzipped, does not contain the .inf files that Windows need to install.

Where can I get the correct SATA drivers for this model? I've already spent four CD:s trying to slipstream drivers that google presented me with, to no avail. I've also tried an extrernal floppy drive to insert the drivers, but no joy so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-WHAM

baldmosher
Product(s): Amilo Pi 1505 (vanilla but u/g to 2GB asap)

Re: Amilo Pi 1505 SATA driver

Postby baldmosher » Wed Aug 05, 2009 13:37

I've not managed to do this either (Win XP Pro) via the floppy route.

The Intel drivers from the Intel website simply don't work - you get a choice of SCSI drivers by default, none of which work. I then edited the ini file so that the SATA drivers come up first by default, which at least gives you a suitable choice of drivers, but I've tried them all and again, none of them worked.

The FS website only has the Intel management software package (not the core drivers), not much help really.

I haven't tried slipstreaming yet (that's next on the list of things to try) but at least I am building the slipstream from a working Windows XP (Home) on the Amilo, so apparently I can use the existing drivers from my Windows installation when I build the slipstream, rather than having to download them from somewhere. If I figure it out, I'll let you know what I did. Drivers are only small so I should be able to host them for a while.

whamtheman
Product(s): Amilo Pi 1505

Postby whamtheman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:01

Solved the problem.

Though I couldn't find the drivers on the internet, I ripped them off the earlier OS installation (fortunately the HDD still worked well enough) and slipstreamed then into an XP Home media. Kind of stupid of me to not realize this in the first place.

Sorry I bugged you people, and thanks for the reply!

baldmosher
Product(s): Amilo Pi 1505 (vanilla but u/g to 2GB asap)

Postby baldmosher » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:15

Great stuff, sounds like I'll be able to do the same which is a big relief!

SSmith
Product(s): Xi 3650
EM V5545

Postby SSmith » Sat Aug 08, 2009 14:10

The chipset on this machine is Intel 945GM ... Have you tried the Intel Matrix Storage manager drivers?
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_ ... &submit=Go

If you do not have a floppy drive you can add them to the install CD using nLite.
http://www.nliteos.com/
Steven

mdbaddict
Product(s): FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO PA 2510

Re: Amilo Pa 2510 sata driver

Postby mdbaddict » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:28

please help! i need AMILO PA 2510 SATA DRIVER. i can't install xp on my FS

SSmith
Product(s): Xi 3650
EM V5545

Re: Amilo Pa 2510 sata driver

Postby SSmith » Thu Aug 27, 2009 14:12

mdbaddict wrote:AMILO PA 2510

So then surely you need to open a new thread as this one is for Pi1505 :wink:

You need the AMD SB600 XP F6 drivers.

I had a quick check on AMD's site but finding a driver on there is not the easiest thing. A quick google search gives a Softpedia result for an MSI board with the same southbridge (http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other- ... 0-39.shtml). As before you would need to use nLite to build them into the install. I have not tested these drivers
Steven

MarkyDM
Product(s): Amilo Li1718

Postby MarkyDM » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:14

I have the same problem with my 1505, thanks to you guys I hopefully be able to fix it now. Shame Fujitsu didnt supply the drivers, pretty retarded supplying a re-install CD that wont do the job!

Sif
Product(s): Amilo Pi1505

Postby Sif » Thu Feb 25, 2010 16:58

Hi,

I'm having the same trouble as the original poster, except i cannot locate the drivers at all. I cannot repair my install as it doesn't recognise the HDD. I have nlite and tried to install the drivers i got from both intel & fujitsu but they are both .exe files.

i tried using unversal extractor on the exe's and they do not contain any drivers or .inf files at all. As it stands my laptop is etirely useless & i cannot get at the data within, which is the biggest problem.

What on earth can i do?

Sif
Product(s): Amilo Pi1505

Postby Sif » Fri Feb 26, 2010 15:52

Right, i managed to sort mine after NOT listening to forum advice elsewhere.

If anyone else needs a fix to this problem either PM me or drop me a line on sif(dot)ellis(at)gmail(dot)com

spiritfly
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Amilo LI 1718

Postby spiritfly » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:04

I know it's been a while, but for others who seek a solution to this, there is an easier way to install windows with sata drivers.

All you have to do is to slipstream all of the sata drivers from driverpacks.net in your windows installation and you'll have a windows xp installation disk with all of the sata drivers for xp included in it, and so you will never have that problem again.

Just follow the guide this guide and then install all of the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1505 Xp Drivers and it's all done.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”