Graphics Cards: Final Confirmation

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

OUTATIME
Product(s): Scaleo E

Graphics Cards: Final Confirmation

Postby OUTATIME » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:34

I'm looking to buy a new graphics card for my Scaleo E this weekend, and was hoping to get some *simple*, straight-forward answers to a couple of concerns I still have.

1. Can I buy *any* Low-profile, PCI graphics card for my Scaleo E and be fairly sure that it will work?

2. Where exactly will I be plugging it into the mother board? In the place that the riser card now occupies?

3. Has anyone noticed any significant performance improvements since upgrading their graphics card?

4. Will a new graphics card give me more resolution options? (My TV runs at a native resolution that isn't currently a selectable option).

Thank you for your time,

Nate.

cattblue
Product(s): scaleo e

Re: Graphics Cards: Final Confirmation

Postby cattblue » Thu Apr 09, 2009 19:22

There are two cards that i know will fit. XFX Geforce 9400gt 512mb or ATI Radeon HD4550 512mb both are half height but have full height backplates. you will have to remove the plates & the vga adapter. replace with low profile backplates which you can get from maplins...

(Footnote) I bought the HD4550 because that card will plat blue-ray movies obviously on a blue-ray drive.

any dedicated card will improve performace. these cards are ( PCI.EXPRESS & fit in the add1 slot) These cards will upscale to 1080p & above :)

landbdavies
Product(s): Scaleo E

Re: Graphics Cards: Final Confirmation

Postby landbdavies » Fri Jun 05, 2009 22:56

Cattblue I have recently bought a sapphire ATI Radeon HD4550 for my scaleo e. Every time I plug it in the unit will not start. The fans kick in and it sounds like there is power to the HDD & DVD drive, but the blue light at the front does not come on, and it does nothing. As soon as I remove the ATI card it works fine. The standard DVI riser that came in the PCI-E slot works fine. Can't work out what's going on. Did you have to do anything to get your working or was it plug and play. I have the FIC P4M-915G motherboard.

cattblue wrote:There are two cards that i know will fit. XFX Geforce 9400gt 512mb or ATI Radeon HD4550 512mb both are half height but have full height backplates. you will have to remove the plates & the vga adapter. replace with low profile backplates which you can get from maplins...

(Footnote) I bought the HD4550 because that card will plat blue-ray movies obviously on a blue-ray drive.

any dedicated card will improve performace. these cards are ( PCI.EXPRESS & fit in the add1 slot) These cards will upscale to 1080p & above :)

Return to “SCALEO”