[5916] D2314-A2 AMT Firmware Update and RAID Usage Nightmare

Moderator: ModTeam

motronix
Product(s): Esprimo 9615

[5916] D2314-A2 AMT Firmware Update and RAID Usage Nightmare

Postby motronix » Mon Dec 15, 2008 13:32

I'd like to start with: I WILL NEVER BUY FUJITSU SIEMENS AGAIN. Terrible support - thousands of BIOS and firmware updates, lot's of bugs. Intel's AMT is aslo to blame.

We have the following problem with an Esprimo computer that our company bought a few months ago. We decided to use the RAID and AHCI features
with 4 GB RAM - the result was that the computer regularly shut down - we went crazy. As a contra measure we bought adaptec raid controller to
overcome the bios memory adressing conflict (which eventually resulted in this shut down - terrible Fujitsu Siemens experience the RAID and AHCI
features are actually unusable). Ok so far. But we wanted to update the bios (main and AMT) and we discovered that for AMT first we have to flash
to 2.1 AMT BIOS and then flash the AMT firmware.

Ok but not a long time ago we disabled the feature IAMT and now it appeared that we CANNOT anymore enter into the IAMT setup and enable the
featrue, because since it is disabled we cannot make update of the firmware - THAT IS CRAZY. We saw that this problem was present and already fixed for
D2314 - A3 but not for A2. Terrible what can I say. I don't want to imagine what would be the problems with the SERVERS. Since we are IT Business
Consulting Company we are not going to consult anyone to buy any fujitsu siemens S _ _ T from now on. I'm totaly frustrated - one week two men are
fighting wtih a computer to make it do what it is build and bought to do.

motronix
Product(s): Esprimo 9615

Re: [5916] D2314-A2 AMT Firmware Update and RAID Usage Nightmare

Postby motronix » Thu Dec 18, 2008 18:00

We finaly discovered why the Esprimo 5916 restarts when AHCI and internal RAID is used. The problem is caused by the integrated into the MB graphic device. We disabled the device from the BIOS and plugged a new PCI-Express Graphic Device (NVidia GT) and everything works fine. We also flashed all the bioses. The firmware update of the AMT is integrated into the last BIOS update of the AMT. That's a major Fujitsu Siemens flaw!!!!!! BIOS Update is requiered !!!!

Return to “ESPRIMO”