[All models] Will you ever buy FSC hardware again?

Moderator: ModTeam

mieite
Product(s): Amilo Li 2732-001, Lifebook C-series

Re: [All models] Will you ever buy FSC hardware again?

Postby mieite » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:49

Hi
I have Amilo Li 2732-001 and I'm very satisfied with it. Only problem was the recovery DVD thing you all know about. I did not even try to make them, and with so much hard disk space I installed Open SuSE on D-partition. So, now I'm happy user with Linux and Windows on the same laptop.
Fujitsu, Vista, OpenSuSE rules.

mieite

maxpaine

Postby maxpaine » Mon Oct 06, 2008 14:52

thats not it works fine with 2.25 if i put 2.26 it starts to acelerate like hell

TCCJ
Product(s): Lifebook

Postby TCCJ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 21:49

DawidBuchwald wrote:@Carlos - I don't want to start another flame war, because this forum is not the right place for it. However I need to comment on your last replies to explain you what I mean, because reading and thinking is apparently too much for you.
for sure, computers are not your target..
First, I'm not an expert, a Computer Nerd, or something... just an user
Well, thank you, mister "I have very little idea about computers, being no expert at all", I appreciate your suggestions, but see - the problem is that I'm IT professional, and I need hardware for doing more complicated things that creating profile on Facebook. I'm happy for you, I hope you will enjoy your laptop and it will work for you for next 20 years. Did you realize that for the stuff you do, you could buy much cheaper hardware? So much for the price/quality ratio.
Even the NASA has had some bad experiences flying to the moon, but that's not a reason to complain or blame about all technology known, & get back to horses & handcraft again...
I have never suggested that I blame FSC for making mistakes - that's normal, everyone makes them. What really upsets me about this company is the fact that they refuse to admit this mistake and do something about it.Look, to put it simple for you: - FSC lies in the official system specs saying that my computer supports 4GB. This is one of the reasons why I chose it - because I wanted to have the possibility in future to extend it (I started with replacing standard 1GB with 2GB), - users complain endlessly about this problem, sending requests to FSC, - FSC doesn't give a f*ck about their problems, - users find the solution - apparently hardware is fully capable of supporting 4GB in Xi1526 laptop, it's crappy FSC BIOS that limits the memory, - users POST THE SOLUTION ON FSC FORUM (!), showing exactly where FSC can find proper BIOS and check how this can be done, - FOCUS - HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT PART FSC releases new BIOS (1.26) - and what? NOTHING Although solution has been found, it is not implemented in new BIOS.Why? There are only two possible explanations:1) FSC knows about certain hardware faults that could cause computer overheating/damage to motheboard in case of using 4GB memory (and this means that they made serious mistake in their hardware and "forgot" to test it),2) FSC knows that 4GB is supported by their hardware but refuse to implement it in their BIOS to force demanding users to replace whole hardware.In my opinion option 1 is not possible - apparently this modification works for users, so option 2 is much more probable. I just want to say it loud to them - if they make me buy new hardware, IT WILL NOT BE THEIR HARDWARE AGAIN. I hope that when enough of their customers say the same thing they might reconsider their "business model". Otherwise they will become another "cheap-computers-for-morons supplier".
(...) now Vista recognizes 3.5 out of 4Gb. Can't blame FJS for that (...)
Instead of saying that you could just say "I'm a typical self-confident resistent to any knowledge moron". I don't feel like explaining to you what's the difference between memory detection in BIOS and in Windows and consequences of it. Too many morons like you have presented this kind of ignorance on this forum, and too many patient people tried to explain them that already.Read here, idiot:http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=29262Sometimes it makes sense to check your information before posting this type of self-confident ignorant bullsh*t. It's really very easy to show emptiness of your mind, dude. Think about it if you can...
WTF is your problem, dude? your clearly not as smart as you try to make out... your really here to whinge like a pissy little school girl thats trying to look cool...You say that you are some IT pro that needs the notebook for professional use, yet you've bought yourself a home use entertainment notebook for those who really don't know better...i bet you thought "oooh look at this one! it has bigger numbers on the specs! it must be good"... either that or you are just talking out of your backside...plus i don't see what your problem is... FSC never "lied"... your unit does support 4GB RAM... you just have to update is with an unsupported BIOS...
as far as they are concerned they didn't lie to you... so there is nothing to fix... do you think any other manufacturer would be any different in the same circumstances? no.. and if you do, your more naive than i thought...
another thing... FSC don't work on a "sell and run" basis... infact, FSC didn't sell you the unit at all... they are a manufacturer, you moron! even if you got it off their online shop... thats run by a 3rd party reseller, WStore...i bet your one of those bell-ends that would threaten FSC by calling trading standards... then start going on about "consumer law"... FSC would laugh and tell you to go ahead, mate! Both would involve you and the manufacturer...so... going back to my initial statement... your clearly not as smart as you try to make out...

Stick to pen and paper... you'll find it a lot simpler...

Fongy
Product(s): Potential xi 3650
(http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Fujitsu_ ... ersion.asp)

Postby Fongy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:55

Hi, I'm a newb here, so I don't want to wade into any arguments(!)

But...

Are FSC that bad?!?
Every company has their horror-stories, Dell, HP, etc.

I'm looking to get a FSC Amilo xi 3650 (please see my thread) and apart from the slow(ish) RPM on their hard drives, how would you rate their quality (of the actual hardware - technical support you have to expect to be terrible - Dell's is - but their PCs are fab)

The FSC I'm thinking of is;

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Fujitsu_Siemens_AMILO_Xi_3650_CCE:GBR-110150-005/version.asp

Thoughts?

@Dave

You have obviously had a lot of issues with your FSC, and it is because of your thread I decided to join - to gaugehow good/bad FSC are... but you should try and respect alternate views of FSC - some people will have never had a problem, and their opinions are just as valid as yours...

:wink:

johnvfc
Product(s): AMILO Xi 3650, AMILO A 1630

Postby johnvfc » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:32

I bought my first FS Laptop Amilo 1630 in 2004 and never had problem with it. It still rocks. (Most of collegues at the University had bought similar Fujitsu Siemens laptops and never had problems). I bought my second FS Laptop Xi 3650 few weeks ago and I am happy with it. I use it as desktop replacement.

Personally, I belive FS laptops are reliable and offer good quality of hardware but the design is not that pretty.

Ioannis

DawidBuchwald
Product(s): Amilo Xi1526

Postby DawidBuchwald » Mon Dec 29, 2008 14:55

TCCJ wrote:WTF is your problem, dude? your clearly not as smart as you try to make out... your really here to whinge like a pissy little school girl thats trying to look cool...You say that you are some IT pro that needs the notebook for professional use, yet you've bought yourself a home use entertainment notebook for those who really don't know better...i bet you thought "oooh look at this one! it has bigger numbers on the specs! it must be good"... either that or you are just talking out of your backside...plus i don't see what your problem is... FSC never "lied"... your unit does support 4GB RAM... you just have to update is with an unsupported BIOS...
as far as they are concerned they didn't lie to you... so there is nothing to fix... do you think any other manufacturer would be any different in the same circumstances? no.. and if you do, your more naive than i thought...
another thing... FSC don't work on a "sell and run" basis... infact, FSC didn't sell you the unit at all... they are a manufacturer, you moron! even if you got it off their online shop... thats run by a 3rd party reseller, WStore...i bet your one of those bell-ends that would threaten FSC by calling trading standards... then start going on about "consumer law"... FSC would laugh and tell you to go ahead, mate! Both would involve you and the manufacturer...so... going back to my initial statement... your clearly not as smart as you try to make out...

Stick to pen and paper... you'll find it a lot simpler...

Apparently you are not as smart as you want to be. You can't sell PC saying that it supports 4GB, if the only way to make it work with 4GB is to install some unauthorized software that will invalidate your warranty. This is the very definition of a PC that DOES NOT support 4GB.

And for your wonderful, shiny FSC crap - how is your GPU doing? Any problems? Better not, because apparently FSC released a number of faulty GPU cards in their laptops, but they will not tell you whether your is the one - unless it burns.

But it goes even further: if you have faulty GPU, installed in your laptop as a clear FSC fault, and this GPU fails after the warranty period - you will have to PAY for new one and replacement fees.

http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/support/bios_update.html

***deleted - please take care about the forum rules! ***

MattBW
Product(s): Amilo Xi 3650
Scaleo P

Postby MattBW » Tue Dec 30, 2008 15:54

This FS PC is my second through a work scheme, and its the second time I have faults within 2 weeks of receiving it.

My desktop was repaired about 5 times during its warranty. However the support was quite superb and onsite repairs were often done. I hoped a notebook would be more reliable but knowing I have backup means a lot.

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Tue Dec 30, 2008 23:02

After reading the comments on this post, I thought I would add my comments. I bought two FS desktop pc's under the Siemens employee scheme. (not Fujitsu-Siemens)

The first Scaleo 600 was fine with no problems. The next one bought under the scheme a Scaleo T, has had 2 motherboards, one card reader, & one DVD Rom drive. I have given up with the card reader & replaced it with a cheap one from Ebay. So far, so good.

I bought another Scaleo 600 (on Ebay) for my grandaughter, no hardware problems.

I bought an E600 on Ebay, no problems.

Now laptops, my grandaughter had an old Lifebook E7010, that packed up, no idea what it was, & cannot take the bloody thing apart, so its sitting here not working, but with a good screen if anyone is interested.
She now has another E7010, that seems fine at the moment.
My stepdaughter had a Lifebook E8010, that didn't last long, got a screen for that as well.

My company provide me with a Lifebook E8020, I have lost track of the times someone has had to look at it. But it has been working fine for some time now. (touch wood)

The Siemens company I work for use, FS desktops, & overall, I would say they are pretty good. And I don't mean in an office environment.

If you are buying a laptop to play high end games, then you are bonkers, desktops have trouble with heat etc, laptops are NEVER going to be as good.

This is a users forum, & people would do well to remember that, so any comments from Moderators, are gratefully received.

But judging by people's comments about the level of support from the "help desks" I am disappointed. Fujisu Siemens should be taking onboard the level of disatisfaction.

In fact, they can't be a Siemens company, because I know my company are very concerned about customer satisfaction, no end of surveys are sent to customers.

So, in conclusion, I would buy FS desktop, but I think I'd buy HP laptops. (but there again, I don't look on the HP forums)
8)
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

maxpaine

Postby maxpaine » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:41

in my case i think i would not buy any more fujitsu siemes.My notebook in less than a year has passed more time in the warranty(7 time) than in my hands. They tell me they changed, graphics, 4 times the board, harddrives memory, processor and everything, except the chassy, i already send a writen complaint to them they replied that they were taking care of it, but every time i phone them the person in charge is on holiday, i think my case its kind possible e dont buy it anymore not for bissness or personal use
I have a fujitsu siemens xi1526, i brought it home again but its seems it's have again another problem.

whats your opinion about this??

bubblegum

Postby bubblegum » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:24

Every time you phone, write down the time, & the name of the person you are speaking too.

Ask when the person in charge is going to be back from holiday, ask for the name of the person in charge, & his email address.

If, you still have no luck, ask for his or her superior.

maxpaine

Postby maxpaine » Thu Jan 01, 2009 17:51

only laking the superior, but what solution should they give me or should i ask

bubblegum

Postby bubblegum » Fri Jan 02, 2009 0:18

Perhaps you should google to find out about what your legal rights are in your country.

You could ask for a complete replacement, but I don't know if they have to give you one.

maxpaine

Postby maxpaine » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:20

that right but here information its very difficult to find information its very unclear the info that exist, unless i go to a lawyer

LayZee
Product(s): Amilo Xi 1546

Postby LayZee » Sat Jan 17, 2009 0:22

No, I will never ever buy FSC hardware again. I have had nothing but trouble with my Amilo Xi 1546. Only now - more than 2 years after purchase - is it running as smoothly as it was intended to do - after replacing motherboard (I had to pay for that -_-), GPU/CPU cooler, graphics card and two AC power supplies ;/ Also my speaker jack socket is broken because it was always kinda loose :(

Fongy
Product(s): Potential xi 3650
(http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Fujitsu_ ... ersion.asp)

Postby Fongy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 13:46

Well, I would certainly get another... I think the problem with any laptop / PC, there are so many components that can go wrong...
I've not had an issue with mine and would gladly recommend them to others...

Return to “AMILO Notebook”