UnIdentified Network problem

Moderator: ModTeam

DelTechOfficer
Product(s): Esprimo V5505

UnIdentified Network problem

Postby DelTechOfficer » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:57

I hope someone can help me in this matter as it is becoming a thorn in my side to put it politely.
I have a Esprimo mobile V5505 with Vista Business which works fine on my office network accessing the internet via LAN cat5e cabled infrastructure. When this laptop is taken to a certain office I get the message unidentified network which then only allows me limited access to network and won't let me ping the IP Gateway,due to this my user cannot access the internet which she requires to use VPN connection to main office. This office has the same infrastructure set up as my office but does not operate a DHCP system, so I have to manually set up ip configuration (which I have tested on another laptop and works fine). I am an IT Technical Officer and have tried everything I can think of from downloading latest drivers for the network card, Removing all security products including VPN software to installing win xp incase of compatability issues which I have read about, but with no success. The office that it has the network problems isn't part of our organisation but have also had their IT staff try to resolve the situation again with no success. This office uses Sonicwall Soho3 firewall and a Etherwan Xpresso 1608PB switch. Is there anyone who could give me any advice apart from buying another laptop.

Yours Hopefully

Derek

faraz_k86
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5535

[V5535] UnIdentified Network problem

Postby faraz_k86 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:11

this looks more of a vista problem than your notebook problem.

why dont you try posting at http://www.pchelpforum.com

pecko88
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile v5505

Re: UnIdentified Network problem

Postby pecko88 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:19

Does the network you are trying to connect enforcess MAC adress filtering ?

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”