[All models] Will you ever buy FSC hardware again?

Moderator: ModTeam

DawidBuchwald
Product(s): Amilo Xi1526

[All models] Will you ever buy FSC hardware again?

Postby DawidBuchwald » Thu Aug 21, 2008 15:23

Hello,

As I stated in other thread, I have Amilo Xi 1526, memory limitation (2,5GB) that is inconsistent with the computer manual really upsets me. I had a lot of other smaller problems with this computer (not to mention that only one of four purchased computers was really working!). The other FSC device I have is one of the palmtops (Loox n560) and there are numerous problems with WiFi, software, OS - I'm totally fed up with that, and I don't even use it anymore.

Bottom line is: I have learned my lesson. FSC totally ignores customer requests for any updates whatsoever - they work on "sell-and-run" basis, they are unable to provide appropriate assistance. I will never ever buy any product manufactured by this company.

And the big question is: given your experience with FSC, will you ever buy any product that has anything to do with them?

Thanks for your answers,
Dawid Buchwald

pedling

Re: [All models] Will you ever buy FSC hardware again?

Postby pedling » Fri Aug 22, 2008 22:16

No, a year of Wifi problems , without any help from FSC, but users on everexforum (XA1526 same as everex 5000XT)!
And problems with Vista activation, again no help from FSC, but the offered to change the motherboard, but again thanks to Everex and there activation fix!

My next laptop is going to be a MSI or a Zepto!

maxpaine

Postby maxpaine » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:09

i dont think also i have the xi1526 had problems and still have with the sound its go crazy some times, and have the problem os the 4gb thats tottaly strange, because other brands that have basically the same computer have launch bios updates, other problems i had new board news hard drives , new charger, next month im going to the fujitsu siemens dealer again to see if they can fix the sound problem 2nd time.

wintermute83

Postby wintermute83 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 13:52

Never Ever, overheated system and no FSC solution. Dell ,Hp, and so on, just works wothout worries

facey
Product(s): xi1546

Postby facey » Thu Aug 28, 2008 20:43

too good, always a pleasure to see so many likeminded people that can group together and discuss the great injustice of the world which is commonly known as FSC. :D

feel free everybody to check my thread too

http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=33067

Carlos
Product(s): Amilo Pi1505
Amilo Xi 2528[B]

Postby Carlos » Sat Aug 30, 2008 19:53

Well guys,
May I disagree with previous posts.
Even as as I'm here down south, where no any FSC service availability has ever been thought, I'm actually running on my second FS notebook, have no any issue on any of them for the last two years...
My first FS, an Amilo Pi1505 (year 2006) still runs smoothly, not even had to replace battery still..
The new one, (again an Amilo) Xi 2528, about a month using it, the only con I can find is Vista.... (you can't blame FS for that? :mrgreen: )
As of my previous experience, yes, for sure I'll continue buying FSC...
regards from south
Carlos

Evoss-X
Product(s): FS Amilo Xi 1554

Postby Evoss-X » Wed Sep 10, 2008 22:55

How u can have problems with FS laptop???
because u don't know what to do with it and take care
I have FS laptop and working without any smalest problem !
not to mention I had changed bios on alienware dissasembled laptop removed board keyboard clean it put it back together
repaired speaker jack ( because my drunk cousin hook/pulled the cable by legs I almost killed him :D )

DawidBuchwald

Postby DawidBuchwald » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:18

Evoss-X wrote:How u can have problems with FS laptop???
because u don't know what to do with it and take care
I have FS laptop and working without any smalest problem !
not to mention I had changed bios on alienware dissasembled laptop removed board keyboard clean it put it back together
repaired speaker jack ( because my drunk cousin hook/pulled the cable by legs I almost killed him :D )

Dude, you really got on my nerves. I don't give a f**k how "brilliant" you are, I don't give a f**k about possible modifications to my laptop. If I wanted to play with screwdriver, I would have never sold my old PC and bought the FSC crap.

I bought this sorry imitation of a computer equipment just because I didn't want to play around with typical PC issues - incompatible drivers, custom bioses, cables, faulty components, etc.

I have over 10 years of experience with it (started with 386DX/40), I'm really tired of computer maintenance (I work as freelance IT professional), and when I pay more than a twice the price of a high-end PC, I really, really don't give a s**t that there is some alienware BIOS somewhere that might solve my issues, but will invalidate my warranty... My laptop manual clearly states - maximum memory supported is 4GB, that's what I need now (for testing of a virtual infrastructure), and now it turns out that this information was not correct and FSC will not do anything about it. This is my problem, Mr. Im-Such-A-Genius-That-I-Can-Use-Screwdriver...

Carlos wrote:Well guys,
May I disagree with previous posts.
Even as as I'm here down south, where no any FSC service availability has ever been thought, I'm actually running on my second FS notebook, have no any issue on any of them for the last two years...
My first FS, an Amilo Pi1505 (year 2006) still runs smoothly, not even had to replace battery still..
The new one, (again an Amilo) Xi 2528, about a month using it, the only con I can find is Vista.... (you can't blame FS for that? :mrgreen: )
As of my previous experience, yes, for sure I'll continue buying FSC...
regards from south
Carlos

Well, I can assure you that I don't have any problems with my mother's piano - because I don't expect it to sound perfect, I hardly know how to play, and will never play anything serious. Yes, I think next time I buy a piano, it will be the same crap my mother uses.

That's pretty much summary of your post.

the beginner
Product(s): Amilo Pro and Amilo XI 2428

Postby the beginner » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:55

Good day :D,

Last year I bought “Amilo Pro” and it works perfect until now, I have never experience any problem with it. I think it depends on how you are handling your laptop, “laptops cant run forever you know” you should put it to rest, cleaning, repair and modification if necessary. You should also check other “expert’s” opinion before doing things which you are not sure about the results. There are process to be made before modification, not just installing then it’s all done. Doing unnecessary things to your laptop will surely damage it.

I just bought my second laptop “Amilo XI 2428” and my only comment is about the drivers which is not yet installed but overall I haven’t experience any defects inversely to what I’ve heard.

I consider my self as a beginner to this brand but in terms of “Quality and Affordability wise”, I will still choose FSC!!! :o

Carlos
Amilo Xi 2528[B]

Postby Carlos » Sun Sep 28, 2008 21:05

DawidBuchwald wrote:Well, I can assure you that I don't have any problems with my mother's piano - because I don't expect it to sound perfect, I hardly know how to play, and will never play anything serious. Yes, I think next time I buy a piano, it will be the same crap my mother uses.

That's pretty much summary of your post.

Maybe better you quit with computers & start with some piano lessons? for sure, computers are not your target... :lol:
Sorry, I mourn your bad FJS experience, but it's not something you can generalize about...
Even the NASA has had some bad experiences flying to the moon, but that's not a reason to complain or blame about all technology known, & get back to horses & handcraft again...

First, I'm not an expert, a Computer Nerd, or something... just an user. For the last 10 years, I've had a bunch of laptops, some of them still alive, IBM Thinkpads,(first one, a 380XD, then a R31 & a G40, no one survived till today), then a DELL (really worst experience I had) a SONY Vaio v505ACP (working under linux on my son's room), an ACER Travelmate 4200 (my wife's one running XP), and my two FJS, the Pi1505 on my daughter's room under linux, and my Xi2528[b] running original's Vista here on my desktop.
As of my past experience, FJS maybe is not the best price/quality bundle available, but works for me.

Carlos

Carlos
Amilo Xi 2528[B]

Postby Carlos » Mon Sep 29, 2008 19:18

Sorry again, can't miss a joke, maybe increasing RAM on your mom's piano improves it's sound... :wink:

Well, seriously, my Xi2528 came with 2Gb, I acquired another 2Gb chip, installed it smoothly by myself without any external aid, & now Vista recognizes 3.5 out of 4Gb. Can't blame FJS for that, is a limitation of the OS... maybe it's a mem<>driver misunderstanding or chp mem timing on your model? (remember old times when you must set wait states on bios?) or something alike...

Carlos

DawidBuchwald

Postby DawidBuchwald » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:03

@Carlos - I don't want to start another flame war, because this forum is not the right place for it. However I need to comment on your last replies to explain you what I mean, because reading and thinking is apparently too much for you.

for sure, computers are not your target..

First, I'm not an expert, a Computer Nerd, or something... just an user

Well, thank you, mister "I have very little idea about computers, being no expert at all", I appreciate your suggestions, but see - the problem is that I'm IT professional, and I need hardware for doing more complicated things that creating profile on Facebook. I'm happy for you, I hope you will enjoy your laptop and it will work for you for next 20 years. Did you realize that for the stuff you do, you could buy much cheaper hardware? So much for the price/quality ratio.

Even the NASA has had some bad experiences flying to the moon, but that's not a reason to complain or blame about all technology known, & get back to horses & handcraft again...

I have never suggested that I blame FSC for making mistakes - that's normal, everyone makes them. What really upsets me about this company is the fact that they refuse to admit this mistake and do something about it.

Look, to put it simple for you:
- FSC lies in the official system specs saying that my computer supports 4GB. This is one of the reasons why I chose it - because I wanted to have the possibility in future to extend it (I started with replacing standard 1GB with 2GB),
- users complain endlessly about this problem, sending requests to FSC,
- FSC doesn't give a f*ck about their problems,
- users find the solution - apparently hardware is fully capable of supporting 4GB in Xi1526 laptop, it's crappy FSC BIOS that limits the memory,
- users POST THE SOLUTION ON FSC FORUM (!), showing exactly where FSC can find proper BIOS and check how this can be done,
- FOCUS - HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT PART FSC releases new BIOS (1.26) - and what? NOTHING Although solution has been found, it is not implemented in new BIOS.

Why? There are only two possible explanations:
1) FSC knows about certain hardware faults that could cause computer overheating/damage to motheboard in case of using 4GB memory (and this means that they made serious mistake in their hardware and "forgot" to test it),
2) FSC knows that 4GB is supported by their hardware but refuse to implement it in their BIOS to force demanding users to replace whole hardware.

In my opinion option 1 is not possible - apparently this modification works for users, so option 2 is much more probable. I just want to say it loud to them - if they make me buy new hardware, IT WILL NOT BE THEIR HARDWARE AGAIN. I hope that when enough of their customers say the same thing they might reconsider their "business model". Otherwise they will become another "cheap-computers-for-morons supplier".

(...) now Vista recognizes 3.5 out of 4Gb. Can't blame FJS for that (...)

Instead of saying that you could just say "I'm a typical self-confident resistent to any knowledge moron". I don't feel like explaining to you what's the difference between memory detection in BIOS and in Windows and consequences of it. Too many morons like you have presented this kind of ignorance on this forum, and too many patient people tried to explain them that already.

Read here, idiot:

http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=29262

Sometimes it makes sense to check your information before posting this type of self-confident ignorant bullsh*t. It's really very easy to show emptiness of your mind, dude. Think about it if you can...

DawidBuchwald

Postby DawidBuchwald » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:06

Edit: Actually, I wanted to direct you to this tread, Carlos:

http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=29618

maxpaine

Postby maxpaine » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:22

does anybody has the same problem that i have the pcs fan after bios update go crazy???

DawidBuchwald

Postby DawidBuchwald » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:52

maxpaine wrote:does anybody has the same problem that i have the pcs fan after bios update go crazy???

Did you try to clean up (using compressed air) the cooling system?

You should remove the cover and blow thru the rear radiator - this reduces the fan noise significantly. Several posts on the forum explain that in more details.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”