Amilo xi 3650 on win 10 screen backlight switching off

AMILO Notebook, ESPRIMO Mobile, Handhelds (PDA), etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

Aislingeanbeag
Product(s): Amilo Xi3650

Amilo xi 3650 on win 10 screen backlight switching off

Postby Aislingeanbeag » Wed Jul 10, 2019 16:57

This has been an intermittent problem for the past several months and I am baffled!
When the machine boots normally then no problems everything works as it should,
Then when I switch back on it will without warning fail.
When it is switched on the Amilo splash screen shows bright and clear then the screen immediately goes dark when the back light switches off and the OS then boots but with nothing visible
If I press F2 for Bios it shows and then disappears as again the backlight switches off
I presume I would be able to use an ext monitor however with the 1960x 1080 screen res I do not have a suitable monitor that has the res capability.
If I force shutdown and reboot I will briefly see a windows did not shut correctly splash before the backlight switches off.I have searched the internet but have not found any useful suggestions as to cause. I will have to try to output via HDMI to a domestic tv screen before I can access any settings but as this problem occurs before os boot it seems it must be a bios problem unless the inverter is intermittingly shutting down the backlight as it is failing.
Help please!

Aislingeanbeag
Product(s): Amilo Xi3650

Re: Amilo xi 3650 on win 10 screen backlight switching off

Postby Aislingeanbeag » Thu Jul 11, 2019 18:19

UPDATE ...... I have stripped out the screen bezel, keyboard speaker cover etc and checked all cables and connections and all is good .
The problem seems to be a sticky lid switch
It seems to be operated by the small but strong magnetic block mounted in the lid below the screen behind the bezel on the left ; so I am presuming a magnetic reed switch on the mother board which has become sticky and is not operating. This seems confirmed in that I have now a working display after manipulating the lid whilst checking connections.
Does anyone have any info on the lid sensor switch?
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Return to “Older products”