Current password (BIOS) - A1667G

AMILO Notebook, ESPRIMO Mobile, Handhelds (PDA), etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

telson
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1667G

Current password (BIOS) - A1667G

Postby telson » Wed Feb 06, 2019 13:28

Good morning all,

I tried to install Win7 on my Amilo A1667G, unfortunately without reading online first.

Setup started ok, but system could not expand windows copied files and restarted.

Here is the problem:

After the restart my A1667G cannot pass POST stage just goes straight into an unknown (to myself) BIOS "CURRENT PASSWORD". You get three tries before the system is halted and you need to restart.

This cannot be reset with any usual means (tried removal of battery and also some master passwords found online) since it is not a password set by the user (myself), looks like a security password set by the Manufacturer.

Any ideas on what this password may be :?: :?: :?: or how to bypass/break it?

The system seems to be bricked and will not even go into dos from a bootable USB in case you wanna flash the BIOS.

I am open to all ideas :|

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: Current password (BIOS) - A1667G

Postby me@work » Wed Feb 06, 2019 15:21

Ever cared to check the "Announcements" in the forum posts list, right above your own post? :wink:

There's one labelled "No tips to clear the BIOS password!", and it provides the only officially available optional steps in such a case.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter HOW the system entered the current state... (i.e. whether by an unsuccessful OS install, or a user intervention)

telson
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1667G

Re: Current password (BIOS) - A1667G

Postby telson » Wed Feb 06, 2019 15:42

I read it, indeed. So the solution is just to contact FS and try to solve the issue after they confirm ownership???

It is unfortunate to state that FS laptops have no passwords installed when there is a password there to prevent the end user from accessing parts of the system.

Thank you for the reply me@work, I will contact FS but will not keep my hopes high

UPDATE:
Needless to say that none of the Customer Service numbers apply, four out of five are out of service and the fifth does not pick up (within working hours)

Return to “Older products”