Esprimo Mobile V5535 Black screen, auto turn off/ on

AMILO Notebook, ESPRIMO Mobile, Handhelds (PDA), etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

TheBestDownloader
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5535

Esprimo Mobile V5535 Black screen, auto turn off/ on

Postby TheBestDownloader » Thu May 11, 2017 8:21

Hi

I have an old FUJITSU SIEMENS ESPRIMO Mobile v5535, about 5 days ago I was using it just like any day, suddenly the screen became black and the laptop turned off. Since then everytime I press the power button the laptop turns on but the screen stays black and after seconds the screen turns on and off and on and off quickly. After afew minutes it become almost black that you can barely see the windows login screen.

What I noticed is that if the screen stays black the laptop doesn't shut down quickly, but when the screen tries to work the laptop shuts down after secondes, or minutes.

I used an external screen to test, when i press the power button everything is fine and it displays everything but after 2 or 3 minutes the laptop turns off and after seconds it automatically turns on , not booting from the start but from the last thing that was displaying before it turned off. And it keeps repeating this procesd like forever. The first thing that came to my mind was that the CPU might be the problem so I applied a new thermal paste, but nothing changed, screen is still black.

I tried all the advices from youtube like hard reset... but no chance.

Right now I think it might be a gpu problem!! What do you think?

Can I remove the old thermal paste from the GPU and apply a new one? Will that fix the problem?

Or may be the screen needs to be replaced?

This laptop is so important to me it was working so good all these years until last sunday, I hope you have a solution. Please help ASAP
Thank you.

stratos92
Product(s): esprimo v6515

Re: Esprimo Mobile V5535 Black screen, auto turn off/ on

Postby stratos92 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:00

the first thing that you can try to remove the plastic platter under the laptop, and place an external fan near the gpu if is overheated. Is possible to access into bios menu?

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Re: Esprimo Mobile V5535 Black screen, auto turn off/ on

Postby Caretaker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:05

Try what happens if you only boot the device to the BIOS. Therefore press the power button and then press the F2 key several times. Can you navigate within the BIOS and is the devie stable or what happens for the next minutes?

Return to “Older products”