Amilo Li1705 graphics driver

AMILO Notebook, ESPRIMO Mobile, Handhelds (PDA), etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

cyclopse
Product(s): Amilo Li1705

Amilo Li1705 graphics driver

Postby cyclopse » Tue Feb 12, 2013 0:21

I am having significant trouble loading a suitable graphics driver for the above. I know the laptop has built in graphics from VIA.

First I tried Windows 7 and every driver would cause a blue screen on reboot and then would restore to an earlier point.

Now trying windows 8 and everything working until I try and change the generic graphics driver. Have track tried the suggested drivers on this forum and device not even fully loading the graphics driver.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Amilo Li1705 graphics driver

Postby sabrex » Tue Feb 12, 2013 14:39

http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/tech_faq.jsp
yours is the VN896

*see w7 release
Vn896.jpg
Vn896.jpg (58.06 KiB) Viewed 9178 times

w8 i just dont know but the link above states:
Q: Where can I get graphics or display drivers for Windows 8 for my VIA integrated chipset?
A: VIA has released Windows 8 drivers for the VX11 Media System Processor, available through the driver portal. The VX900 drivers for Windows 7 do also support Windows 8 and VIA is working with Microsoft to have them re-classified as Windows 8 drivers. Until then, the VX900 drivers for Windows 7 can be used as a solution for Windows 8, available through the driver portal.

Older VIA chipsets (than the VX900 and VX11) can run Windows 8 using the default drivers built into Windows 8, but some graphical features of Windows 8 may not be supported and it is not recommended

Return to “Older products”