Xi 3670 the video driver for the Win 8

AMILO Notebook, ESPRIMO Mobile, Handhelds (PDA), etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

dimoheha
Product(s): fujitsu amilo xi 3670

Xi 3670 the video driver for the Win 8

Postby dimoheha » Tue Feb 05, 2013 23:15

Hello dear users of the technique of Fujitsu. I recently upgraded my laptop By Xi 3670 to Windows 8, and found a nasty thing is that the driver for the video card are not included with the official site of the nvdia, and the official website of technical support for Fujitsu is only under Windows 7 and Vista.

I tried a lot of drivers and options, in which I helped my friend, but no driver didn't come, as the driver video card made just under my computer models By Xi 3670. I turned to the technical support in Moscow, to which I replied:

Your registration number : 2303427488

Dear Mr. Grishaev!

On Your request on the support of Windows 8 on the laptop by Xi 3670 to inform the response of German engineers, according to which the support for the OS on the machine is not expected. Recommend to recover officially supported on Windows 7.

With respect,

Vladimir Sechenov

It turns out that, officially, this model will never support, although I like my computer, which has a large size and excellent performance, and I do not plan to buy a new laptop, the more so that the size of the 18.4-inch and more Fujitsu no longer produces.

I would like to turn to инжинерам - is it possible to make the order for the optimization of the video driver for this model, I'm even willing to pay for this work from 100 to 200 Euro, if it will be very difficult. I do not understand the policy of top-managers who think that we constantly have to buy the newest and most advanced products, manufactured by Fujitsu.

I always thought the company's products Fujitsu above products Apple, which believes that all should run like idiots and buy the most recent and updated my laptop once a year, so I bought their relatives and friends notebooks from Fujitsu, as I believe the standard of quality and service, but this time I was an idiot, for the same company Apple maintains and updates a product that was released back in 2009, and I have no right to get this fucking video driver because my laptop испольнилось just 3 years!

I hope my request will be heard and there is someone who will take and optimizes the video driver for my the best laptop for the whole history of my work at the computer, which I'm even willing to financially reward!

Hi from Russia! Very nice work and have a rest in a good technique, made in Germany!

Link on the my search: http://dimoheha.livejournal.com/837082.html
If you miss the snow, I can do it a bit to bring) http://dimoheha.livejournal.com/839003.html

Dmitry.

На русском языке:
Здравствуйте уважаемые пользователи техникой Fujitsu. Я на днях обновил свой ноутбук Amilo Xi 3670 до Windows 8, и обнаружил неприятную вещь, что драйвера на видеокарту не ставятся с официального сайта nvdia, а на официальном сайте техподдержки Fujitsu есть только под Windows 7 и Vista. Я перепробовал массу драйверов и вариантов, в чем мне помогал мой друг, но ни один драйвер не подошел, так как нужен драйвер видеокарты сделанный именно под мой компьютер модели Amilo Xi 3670. Я обратился в техподдержку в Москве, на что мне ответили:

Ваш регистрационный номер : 2303427488

Уважаемый г-н Гришаев!

На Ваш запрос относительно поддержки Windows 8 на ноутбуке AMILO Xi 3670 сообщаем ответ немецких инженеров, согласно которому поддержка данной ОС на аппарате не предвидится. Рекомендуем восстановить официально поддерживаемую ОС Windows 7.

С уважением,

Vladimir Sechenov

То есть получается, что официально данную модель не будут больше никогда поддерживать, хотя мне нравится мой компьютер, который имеет большой размер и прекрасные характеристики, и я не планирую покупать себе новый ноутбук, тем более, что размером в 18,4 дюйма и более компания Fujitsu больше не выпускает.

Я хотел бы обратиться к инжинерам - возможно ли сделать заказ на оптимизацию видеодрайвера на данную модель, я даже готов заплатить за данную работу от 100 до 200 евро, если это будет очень сложно. Я не понимаю политики топ-менеджеров, которые думают, что мы должны покупать постоянно самые новые и самые последние продукты, выпускаемой компанией Fujitsu.

Я всегда считал продукцию компании Fujitsu выше продукции Apple, которая считает, что все должны бежать как идиоты и покупать самое самое последнее и обновлять свой ноутбук раз в год, поэтому я купил своим родным и близким ноутбуки от компании Fujitsu, так как считаю эталоном качества и сервиса, но на этот раз я оказался идиотом, ибо та же компания Apple поддерживает и обновляет продукцию, выпущенную еще в 2009 году, а я не имею права получить этот гребаный видеодрайвер потому, что моему ноутбуку испольнилось только что 3 года!

Надеюсь моя просьба будет услышана и найдется тот, кто возьмет и оптимизирует видеодрайвер для моего самого лучшего ноутбука за всю историю моей работы за компьютером, которого я даже готов материально отблагодарить!

Привет из России!
Дмитрий.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Xi 3670 the video driver for the Win 8

Postby sabrex » Wed Feb 06, 2013 18:00

Just in case anyone else follows in this ones foot steps!!!
Before you upgrade:
download the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, go to the Windows 8 upgrade site, then click on the blue Download Upgrade Assistant button. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8 The file is only about 5MB, so it shouldn't take long for the download to complete.

To run the upgrade assistant, double-click on Windows8-UpgradeAssistant.exe. It will immediately begin checking your PC for compatible apps and devices. Once it's finished, the Upgrade Assistant will display how many of your apps and devices are compatible, and how many require your attention.

upgradeasistent1.jpg
upgradeasistent1.jpg (25.63 KiB) Viewed 17872 times

Click on the "See compatibility details" link for more detailed information. If you want to continue and upgrade to Windows 8, go back to the main screen and click Next. Otherwise, exit out of the upgrade assistant.
Not every pc/notebook is good for windows 8 your not an idiot you just jumped a few steps of caution before upgrading.
:oops:
I like the swearing to give your post some kind of impact but it just kind of falls flat. Take it easy Dmitry credit to you for seeing if a "coder" out there may be able to write a driver. i dont think its up to fujitsu to support every operating system that comes out on older products but its up to me (YOU) to check things before you upgrade.

peking-ente
Product(s): FSC Amilo XA 3530

Postby peking-ente » Wed Feb 13, 2013 0:53

sabrex wrote:Just in case anyone else follows in this ones foot steps!!!
Before you upgrade:
download the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, go to the Windows 8 upgrade site, then click on the blue Download Upgrade Assistant button. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8 The file is only about 5MB, so it shouldn't take long for the download to complete.

To run the upgrade assistant, double-click on Windows8-UpgradeAssistant.exe. It will immediately begin checking your PC for compatible apps and devices. Once it's finished, the Upgrade Assistant will display how many of your apps and devices are compatible, and how many require your attention.

upgradeasistent1.jpg

Click on the "See compatibility details" link for more detailed information. If you want to continue and upgrade to Windows 8, go back to the main screen and click Next. Otherwise, exit out of the upgrade assistant.
Not every pc/notebook is good for windows 8 your not an idiot you just jumped a few steps of caution before upgrading.
:oops:
I like the swearing to give your post some kind of impact but it just kind of falls flat. Take it easy Dmitry credit to you for seeing if a "coder" out there may be able to write a driver. i dont think its up to fujitsu to support every operating system that comes out on older products but its up to me (YOU) to check things before you upgrade.

I appreciate that you want to help but I'm also in the same boat. Situation is even worse when it comes to bios update. I have a Amilo Xa 3530 and I managed to unlock and update my bios myself but it's not so easy. For intel driver there is lescat drivers maybe this works for you?

dimoheha
Product(s): fujitsu amilo xi 3670

Postby dimoheha » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:52

Before you upgrade:

Instead of helping - you shout that a pier I am an idiot. Would help better, than I shouted!

peking-ente

Postby peking-ente » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:23

dimoheha wrote:
Before you upgrade:

Instead of helping - you shout that a pier I am an idiot. Would help better, than I shouted!

+1. It takes about 5 min to update a new option rom and unlock the advanced menu when you know how. It would also take 5 min for fujitsu to update the driver. Me, too I don't think a laptop between 1000€-2000€ is dead when it's 3-5 years old? Do you know how much money is 1000€-2000€? With that money I can build 1-4 desktop computer with decent video card?

peking-ente

Postby peking-ente » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54

dimoheha wrote:Hello dear users of the technique of Fujitsu. I recently upgraded my laptop By Xi 3670 to Windows 8, and found a nasty thing is that the driver for the video card are not included with the official site of the nvdia, and the official website of technical support for Fujitsu is only under Windows 7 and Vista.

I tried a lot of drivers and options, in which I helped my friend, but no driver didn't come, as the driver video card made just under my computer models By Xi 3670. I turned to the technical support in Moscow, to which I replied:

Your registration number : 2303427488

Dear Mr. Grishaev!

On Your request on the support of Windows 8 on the laptop by Xi 3670 to inform the response of German engineers, according to which the support for the OS on the machine is not expected. Recommend to recover officially supported on Windows 7.

With respect,

Vladimir Sechenov

It turns out that, officially, this model will never support, although I like my computer, which has a large size and excellent performance, and I do not plan to buy a new laptop, the more so that the size of the 18.4-inch and more Fujitsu no longer produces.

I would like to turn to инжинерам - is it possible to make the order for the optimization of the video driver for this model, I'm even willing to pay for this work from 100 to 200 Euro, if it will be very difficult. I do not understand the policy of top-managers who think that we constantly have to buy the newest and most advanced products, manufactured by Fujitsu.

I always thought the company's products Fujitsu above products Apple, which believes that all should run like idiots and buy the most recent and updated my laptop once a year, so I bought their relatives and friends notebooks from Fujitsu, as I believe the standard of quality and service, but this time I was an idiot, for the same company Apple maintains and updates a product that was released back in 2009, and I have no right to get this fucking video driver because my laptop испольнилось just 3 years!

I hope my request will be heard and there is someone who will take and optimizes the video driver for my the best laptop for the whole history of my work at the computer, which I'm even willing to financially reward!

Hi from Russia! Very nice work and have a rest in a good technique, made in Germany!

Link on the my search: http://dimoheha.livejournal.com/837082.html
If you miss the snow, I can do it a bit to bring) http://dimoheha.livejournal.com/839003.html

Dmitry.

На русском языке:
Здравствуйте уважаемые пользователи техникой Fujitsu. Я на днях обновил свой ноутбук Amilo Xi 3670 до Windows 8, и обнаружил неприятную вещь, что драйвера на видеокарту не ставятся с официального сайта nvdia, а на официальном сайте техподдержки Fujitsu есть только под Windows 7 и Vista. Я перепробовал массу драйверов и вариантов, в чем мне помогал мой друг, но ни один драйвер не подошел, так как нужен драйвер видеокарты сделанный именно под мой компьютер модели Amilo Xi 3670. Я обратился в техподдержку в Москве, на что мне ответили:

Ваш регистрационный номер : 2303427488

Уважаемый г-н Гришаев!

На Ваш запрос относительно поддержки Windows 8 на ноутбуке AMILO Xi 3670 сообщаем ответ немецких инженеров, согласно которому поддержка данной ОС на аппарате не предвидится. Рекомендуем восстановить официально поддерживаемую ОС Windows 7.

С уважением,

Vladimir Sechenov

То есть получается, что официально данную модель не будут больше никогда поддерживать, хотя мне нравится мой компьютер, который имеет большой размер и прекрасные характеристики, и я не планирую покупать себе новый ноутбук, тем более, что размером в 18,4 дюйма и более компания Fujitsu больше не выпускает.

Я хотел бы обратиться к инжинерам - возможно ли сделать заказ на оптимизацию видеодрайвера на данную модель, я даже готов заплатить за данную работу от 100 до 200 евро, если это будет очень сложно. Я не понимаю политики топ-менеджеров, которые думают, что мы должны покупать постоянно самые новые и самые последние продукты, выпускаемой компанией Fujitsu.

Я всегда считал продукцию компании Fujitsu выше продукции Apple, которая считает, что все должны бежать как идиоты и покупать самое самое последнее и обновлять свой ноутбук раз в год, поэтому я купил своим родным и близким ноутбуки от компании Fujitsu, так как считаю эталоном качества и сервиса, но на этот раз я оказался идиотом, ибо та же компания Apple поддерживает и обновляет продукцию, выпущенную еще в 2009 году, а я не имею права получить этот гребаный видеодрайвер потому, что моему ноутбуку испольнилось только что 3 года!

Надеюсь моя просьба будет услышана и найдется тот, кто возьмет и оптимизирует видеодрайвер для моего самого лучшего ноутбука за всю историю моей работы за компьютером, которого я даже готов материально отблагодарить!

Привет из России!
Дмитрий.

Hi, I looked at your bios and you have in advanced menu option hybrid graphics mode and vga display adapter. Can you change hybrid graphics mode to disable and vga display adapter to nvidia and reboot your laptop and reinstall the nvidia driver?
Attachments
nvidia.png
nvidia.png (8.63 KiB) Viewed 17781 times

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Postby sabrex » Wed Feb 13, 2013 14:07

you have a GT 130M and Nvidia did release a driver http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/55205
Bios check.jpg
Bios check.jpg (52.29 KiB) Viewed 17780 times
its worth trying
GT 130M.jpg
GT 130M.jpg (26.28 KiB) Viewed 17780 times

GT 130M_.jpg
GT 130M_.jpg (47.63 KiB) Viewed 17780 times

ive assumed your running x64
GeForce 100M Series (Notebooks)
GeForce GTS 160M, GeForce GT 130M, GeForce GT 120M, GeForce G 110M, GeForce G 105M, GeForce G 103M, GeForce G 102M
it may have taken them longer than 5 mins to code it. :lol:

I assumed you have seen this driver though and tried it hence your forum post

roysmits
Product(s): Amilo Xa 3530

Postby roysmits » Tue May 21, 2013 16:01

Tried "Driver Genius Pro"?

maxi_pak
Product(s): Amilo Xi 3670, C2Q, 4GB, 1TB

Postby maxi_pak » Fri Jul 13, 2018 22:22

Solution: :D
I have managed to install an updated NVIDIA driver for my GeForce GT 130M GPU on my Amilo Xi 3670 running Windows 10 (initially 1803 and now 21H2)!

Should also work for laptops with similar GPU:
Fujitsu Amilo Xi3670 Xi 3650
Acer Aspire 7738G-904G50Mn
HP Pavilion X16-1260
Asus X90SV-UZ081C

Here are the steps:

1. Download the driver from Microsoft (not NVIDIA) :!:
For my laptop (Amilo Xi 3670 running Windows 10 v1803) it was the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Later Servicing Drivers - the second driver from the top of the list!

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=GeForce+130m

https://ibb.co/jMptRo

2. Enter Laptop Bios- for my laptop I have to press F2 key on boot, before Windows loads.
(other keys incl. escape, F8 and F12 work on other laptops and PC's)

3. Select Advanced TAB in Bios, Select Disable Hybrid Graphics Mode and then Select VGA Adapter = Nvidia
https://ibb.co/eJGez8

4. Boot to Windows

5. Install correct Driver downloaded in Step 1
(do not use Safe Mode- this will not install the Driver correctly)

6. Reboot (leave Bios to Hybrid = Disabled, and VGA Adapter = Nvidia).

Windows 10 runs very smoothly on my Laptop- no problems at all.

Hope that helps.
Enjoy!
Maxi_pak
:wink:

PS the driver is not Hybrid - so can only run GT 130M GPU, not Intel APU.
No Problem with that- happy to be running GPU with driver on Laptop in Windows 10

Return to “Older products”