KB Docking Station FPCKE080 for Stylistic Q704

Moderator: ModTeam

George01
Product(s): Stylistic Q704
Keyboard Docking Station

KB Docking Station FPCKE080 for Stylistic Q704

Postby George01 » Mon May 16, 2022 16:31

Hi,
I have purchased several of these keyboard docking stations from various sources but all have a problem in common. The battery in the keyboard will not charge. The battery charging indictor lights white and the battery indicator flashes red. When connected to the Q704 (running WIN 10) the keyboard functions but it's battery shows "0" in the battery status app. I don't believe all these keyboards are defective but am at a loss to understand what is going on.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: KB Docking Station FPCKE080 for Stylistic Q704

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed May 18, 2022 16:30

Hello George :D

Stylistic Q704 has reached EOL (End of Life/ End of Support) and therefore, the maintenance support as well as spares logistics have been discontinued.

The issue can concern worn-out batteries of the keyboard docks or the SUB BOARD ASSY KB DOCKING could be faulty.
As mentioned above, Fujitsu does not deliver spare parts for both Stylistic Q704 and KB docks anymore.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support

George01
Product(s): Stylistic Q704
Keyboard Docking Station

Re: KB Docking Station FPCKE080 for Stylistic Q704

Postby George01 » Wed May 18, 2022 21:37

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I understand that this is old technology that is no longer supported. I was hoping that someone on this forum has a QXXX tablet (or even Q704) and keyboard dock that can give some insight. The tablet running Win 10 is plenty capable and the touch screen/pen is very user friendly. The battery in the tablet runs for 3-4 hours. The design of the keyboard dock provides protection for the tablet when folded together. Another observation is that when docked with the charger plugged into the keyboard the Q704 recognizes that a charger is plugged and the battery in the tablet is being charged. When the charger is not plugged in the battery indicator on the keyboard flashes orange or red. This continues for several hours even after the tablet is powered down until the battery in the tablet is completely discharged. I don’t believe it was supposed to work that way. Maybe there is some setting somewhere that controls this?

Return to “STYLISTIC Tablet PC”