Q702 Pro - Defective RAM

Moderator: ModTeam

Lyrin
Product(s): Stylistic q702 Pro

Q702 Pro - Defective RAM

Postby Lyrin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:13

Hi there,

since I tried to install Windows 10, my RAM seems to be broken. I always get bluescreens and failure messages that hint on a broken RAM. I'm not able to install updates for the windows 8.1 anymore or use browsers or other programms correctly (they always crash a few minutes after starting with an "unexpted error") .

Is there a possibility the hardware is not broken? Maybe some kind of bios driver just got currupted?

My guarantee expired already and I wanted to know if it is possible to change the broken RAM without changing the whole mainboard. Is the RAM soldered on the mainboard or is it just plugged in?

Thank you for all your answers !

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Re: Q702 Pro - Defective RAM

Postby Caretaker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:50

Hello Lyrin,

which operating system is installed currently? There is a chance that your RAM is not broken as it cannot be damaged by an installation of a new operating system. I assume that you have problems with drivers with Windows 10 which are causing the bluescreens. Unfortunately there is no official Windows 10 support and so there are no drivers.
It might be usefull to try Windows 8.1 again if the device is still working without any bluescreens. After that you can try once more to upgrade to Windows 10 and see if new drivers are beeing found automatically from Windows Update.

At this device you cannot replace the memory modules as it is soldered.

Lyrin

Postby Lyrin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:12

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I tried to install Windows 8.1 after the failed Windows 10 Update, but it now fails with the same failure messages. Sometimes the clean installation of windows 8.1 goes trough after 8 or 9 trys from USB Stick, but then it always fails at installing updates and as mentioned above the programms are not working correctly and always crash after a few minutes.

Different memory testing softwares (some from windows itself, but also a linux based one) are sometimes telling me the RAM is broken and sometimes work without any failures.

I am not sure how I could solve the problem, if the RAM actually isn't broken.

The website from fujitsu support for my model says, its supporting windows 10 :( . Thats why I tried to update.

Is there any partner neer Münster, Germany where I could bring my Laptop in for it to be tested if the hardware is broken?

Cheers,
Katja

Caretaker

Postby Caretaker » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:02

Hello Katja,

if even the Windows 8.1 installation takes around 8 to 9 hours there seems to be a problem. This might be caused by the RAM, as your tools also told you, or with the HDD/SSD. In this case i recommend to contact a service partner.

Have a look at the following link to find a service partner:

http://de.fujitsu.com/ps2/rln-neu/suche ... x?focus=60

Lyrin

Postby Lyrin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:49

Hi there,

awww thats sad. If the RAM is soldered that would mean the whole mainboard must be changed?
That seems to be a write-off.

I'm unhappy that such a defect shows after only 3.5 years of usage. Especially since I bought this model because its for "buiseness use".

Seems like I'm going to need a new laptop.

Anyways, thanks for your fast and professional answers !

Cheers

Caretaker

Postby Caretaker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:16

In this case it would means a mainboard replacement yes. But you can still contact a service partner in your near to double check the problem to be sure.

Return to “STYLISTIC Tablet PC”