Fujitsu M532 Restarting

Moderator: ModTeam

Gloggers
Product(s): Fujitsu Stylistic M532

Fujitsu M532 Restarting

Postby Gloggers » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:03

Hi all,

I have a question that I hope someone might be able to help me with.

Myself and a friend both got Fujitsu M532 tablets last month and are both experiencing the same issue.
When either tablet connects to a wireless network, (could be any network, home, work etc. Different routers in different places) the tablet will restart. Screen goes blank and reverts to the Fujitsu logo and the cycle begins again. It will do this over and over.
If I disable the wireless or "forget" the network before the tablet has time to get an IP and connect it will stay on and not restart, but obviously I will have no internet connection.

I have tried upgrading the OS to the newest build offered by Fujitsu (Build 14539) on my own tablet but to no avail. Also countless resets and cache clearances but nothing seems to work.
It will occasionally work, for maybe a day or two before it will go into the cycle again. Sometimes bringing it to a different location with internet access will allow it to work for a period of time but it will eventually start doing the same thing on any wifi connection.
Also have tried the "wifi fixer" app offered by a lot of forums as a possible fix, but unfortunately this hasn't helped.

It doesn't seem to be an app causing this issue as it will happen straight away after a reset to stock on both tablets.
If anyone can shed a bit of light on this I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Mahoney
Product(s): M532

Re: Fujitsu M532 Restarting

Postby Mahoney » Wed Jan 15, 2014 13:56

Selbes Problem bei meinem Tablet.

Wenn es lösungsvorschläge gibt, bitte melden !!!!

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Postby sabrex » Thu Jan 16, 2014 18:22

Are you connecting to a 5GHz network with full speed (300 MBit/s) or 2.4GHz Network ?
What country are you in ?

uwelk
Product(s): Primepower, SPARC Enterprise, Primequest

Postby uwelk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 20:29

Hi Gloggers,

I had exactly the same effects when I disabled the App "Android Netzwerkstandort" (German OS). I don't kow the english term, may be something like "network location".
When I enabled the App again the reboot loop stops and everything works fine.

Best regards,
Ulrich

Gloggers

Postby Gloggers » Sun Jan 19, 2014 15:32

sabrex wrote:Are you connecting to a 5GHz network with full speed (300 MBit/s) or 2.4GHz Network ?
What country are you in ?

I'm in Ireland.

I've been connecting to a dual band network, (2.4GHz and 5GHz) as most new routers now are transmitting that as default. I did however change my router at work to 2.4GHz only and it seemed to resolve the issue at that time, but I haven't had the tablet with me to work since. I also recommended my friend to change his router to transmit 2.4GHz only also. I haven't heard anything from him since so I'm hoping that will work as a temporary fix.

I can't say for sure if this will resolve the issue as it is an intermittent issue, but it if does work it will be fine for around the house, but the real issue lies when you want to use the tablet in a hotel, coffee shop or a friends house, where it becomes more difficult or impossible to be re-configuring a router to use a different band.

Gloggers

Postby Gloggers » Sun Jan 19, 2014 15:37

uwelk wrote:Hi Gloggers,

I had exactly the same effects when I disabled the App "Android Netzwerkstandort" (German OS). I don't kow the english term, may be something like "network location".
When I enabled the App again the reboot loop stops and everything works fine.

Best regards,
Ulrich

I will have a look around on the tablet and see if I can see an app to do with "network location", but unless it is disabled by the OS by default it shouldn't be the issue as I have reset the tablet a number of times and it will restart on the default configuration from Fujitsu.

Thank you

SeattleAl

Postby SeattleAl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52

Wow. I recently had the exact think happening. Never figured out what it was. Did a hard reset and the problem did not go away. I worked for hours on this thing

So, I sent it to Fujitsu under warranty. Guess what? It worked perfectly for them. They could not get the problem to manifest itself. I'm actually slightly encouraged to hear someone else had the same problem. Perhaps bouncing around in the mail had some effect? If it does it again I will try disabling the internet connection.

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:40

Problem with Android geolocation : source google fujitsu Android geolocation 5 ghz
Android geolocation.jpg
Android geolocation.jpg (163.22 KiB) Viewed 26845 times
work around

Gloggers

Postby Gloggers » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:30

sabrex wrote:Problem with Android geolocation : source google fujitsu Android geolocation 5 ghz
Android geolocation.jpg
work around

Hi Sabrex,

Thank you for your reply. I tried this out on a tablet and it doesn't seem to do it any good.

I disabled 802.11N on my router and set it to 802.11G only but the tablet is still stuck in a loop. As soon as it connects to the network it restarts. If I disable the wireless it will stay on without restarting. I've tried it on another router also with the same result.

Any more suggestions on what to try?

Thank you.

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Wed Jan 29, 2014 16:57

suggest possibly booking a warranty repair since the workaround fujitsu posted has not rectified.

henrywerch

Postby henrywerch » Fri Mar 28, 2014 17:51

Before I send my M532 back to Fujitsu, I would like to hear if anyone has recently found a fix for the re-booting problem. To recap, my new tablet goes into a re-boot loop almost every time it attempts to connect to my home WiFi signal. This appears to be a consequence of loading the firmware update only - I did not attempt to upgrade to Android 4.1. The problem does not seem to be present if the tablet is not updated via the "update" option in "settings."

henrywerch

Postby henrywerch » Fri Mar 28, 2014 18:13

Fujitsu customer support claims this problem is only recorded for European users who upgraded to 4.1. I am a US user, I only did the firmware update, and I am having the same problem with my just-received M532. Anyone have any ideas?

makini
Product(s): Stylistic m532 + few Lifebooks

Postby makini » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:10

I recently faced similar issue with infinite restart loop after reboot. It had worked fine for months but for some reason I had to restart it and after that it started to reboot itself immediately after wifi was connected again and again. Had to disable wifi to get out of loop and tried everything: configured my wifi with b, g and n. Tried other wifi router and factory reset for tablet. Even rooted device to get console access with full control. Nothing helped. Randomly it was able to connect wifi but after restart loop of death came back.

Finally disabled option at location services that allows to use wifi to determine location. After that it has worked fine with wifi. I have no other explanation than that someone in neighborhood has recently setup new wifi hotspot with incompatible router / configuration. After restart my tablet tries to contact (to send information about nearby wireless lans to Google) that and because of some bug it causes reboot. If that option was enabled loop of death came back.

henrywerch

Postby henrywerch » Sun Apr 06, 2014 20:51

makini wrote:I recently faced similar issue with infinite restart loop after reboot. It had worked fine for months but for some reason I had to restart it and after that it started to reboot itself immediately after wifi was connected again and again. Had to disable wifi to get out of loop and tried everything: configured my wifi with b, g and n. Tried other wifi router and factory reset for tablet. Even rooted device to get console access with full control. Nothing helped. Randomly it was able to connect wifi but after restart loop of death came back.

Finally disabled option at location services that allows to use wifi to determine location. After that it has worked fine with wifi. I have no other explanation than that someone in neighborhood has recently setup new wifi hotspot with incompatible router / configuration. After restart my tablet tries to contact (to send information about nearby wireless lans to Google) that and because of some bug it causes reboot. If that option was enabled loop of death came back.

Finally, a reply that makes some sense for me as a US user! Thank you! I am awaiting a replacement unit from Newegg, and if the problem appears again, I will try your solution.

billpmadscot

Postby billpmadscot » Wed Sep 24, 2014 0:17

Question, has anyone noticed a sniff of Fujitsu jumping in with a solution to ANY problem re m532 on this forum???

Return to “STYLISTIC Tablet PC”