I need help with q665 bios

Moderator: ModTeam

Moha
Product(s): Q665

I need help with q665 bios

Postby Moha » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:49

I have stylistic q665 8 ram windows 10 installed iwant to downgrade to windows 8 but secure boot active and Gray i searched on internet i find the only way is putting supervisor password when I try to put it the bios freeze and didn't open a window to put my password i back to search again and not found any reason to that but i found software from Fujitsu named desk view let me add a password for supervisor i put it but submenu still Gray and not accessable and now i cant able to change boot order from bios and load default settings form it what can I do to change secure boot to disable to be able to use usb bios version is updated to latest version 1.19

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: I need help with q665 bios

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Dec 27, 2022 14:09

Hello and thank you for contact with Fujitsu Technical Support.

I see two different problems here: (1.) Is the downgrade to Windows 8 and (2.) – the BIOS upgrade.

Before any action, please make sure to backup your data. Before attempting to downgrade, or BIOS upgrade it is important to make sure that you have a backup of all your important files and data.

(2.) Regarding the BIOS upgrade:

1.Download the latest BIOS update for your device from the Fujitsu support website: BIOS Windows STYLISTIC Q665 1.16FJJ (05/03/2018) https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... FE6F5565B6
Please read the following instructions before flashing the System BIOS:
- Please connect a working AC adapter before starting BIOS flash.
- Please suspend BitLocker encryption before starting BIOS flash in case BitLocker encryption is enabled.
- Please do not switch off your system until BIOS flash process is completed.
- Please reboot your system after BIOS flash has been completed.

2. Extract the contents of the BIOS update file to a folder on your computer.
3. Locate the BIOS update utility and double-click it to launch the utility.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the BIOS update process.

(1.)Regarding the downgrade to Windows 8:

It is generally not recommended to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8, as Windows 8 is an older operating system that support for Windows 8.1 will end on January 10, 2023.
The whole process is described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 1a27e28533
Note: If you go back to Windows 8.1, some apps that came with Windows, like Mail and People, might not work anymore.
Also, according to Microsoft: For a limited time after upgrading to Windows 10, you’ll be able to go back to your previous version of Windows. Hence there’s a possibility that you might not have this option.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support
Please see this page for detailed instructions:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... b5a3024da5

Return to “STYLISTIC Tablet PC”