U758 - several keys of numeric keypad do not work

Moderator: ModTeam

erwin.jussli
Product(s): Lifebook U758

U758 - several keys of numeric keypad do not work

Postby erwin.jussli » Sun Apr 28, 2024 14:26

Hi,
I have problems with my Lifebook U758. 12 out of 21 keys of the numeric keypad do not work anymore. Also a tool for refining keys recognize the 9 working keys but not at all the remaining 12 keys.
What happened: the notebook went down unexpectedly while permanently connected to power. After restart the battery showed more than enough reserve. Only a minute later it went down again and it took me several minutes for a successful restart. The status LED which shows "orange" when loading showed "red" (Problem when loading). I removed the power cable, waited several minutes and reinstalled it. Then the LED showed "orange" as usual, lateron "white". Restarting the notebook was successful. No more problems with loading occurred. The Fujitsu tool showed: battery status "fair".
Everything was ok but then I noticed the problem with the numeric keypad.
I have a workaround (using an external USB keyboard) but I would be interested in a solution for this problem. I fear only an exchange of the U758 keyboard will solve the problem. But just for the U758 this exchange is very difficult (all hardware components must be removed). I would like to avoid this task.
Is there any idea or proposal ?
Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Erwin

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: U758 - several keys of numeric keypad do not work

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Apr 30, 2024 15:05

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Fujitsu Forum Support,

Unfortunately it seems that the keyboard was damaged during the crash. You can try to perform a hard reset - turn the system off, disconnect all cables and external devices, remove the battery and press the power button for 10-15 seconds If it does not help, a keyboard replacement is required.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support

Return to “LIFEBOOK”