AH 531 turns on but nothing is seen on the screen when updating... bios problem?

Moderator: ModTeam

JoséLuis
Product(s): fujitsu lifebook ah531

AH 531 turns on but nothing is seen on the screen when updating... bios problem?

Postby JoséLuis » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:49

Hello, greetings everyone!
I am a proud owner of the fujitsu ah531 and need help.
Yes, I know it's very old, but I wanted to give the laptop a new life and it seems to me that I screwed up.
A while ago I removed the DVD drive and put in a solid hard drive and the laptop looked different. Now, encouraged by the experiences of other forum users, I wanted to upgrade the factory i3 processor to an I7-2640M and also increase those 4 gigabytes of factory ram to 16 gigabytes of DDR3L .2X8GB 1600MHZ ram
Well, it was a mistake but good.
I removed the original processor and put the i7. Without testing if it worked, I installed the 16 gigabytes of ram and after several attempts, the laptop worked but only accepting 8 gigabytes of ram and not the 16.
I changed the memory slots to see that it was not an error of the ram itself and it always worked showing 8 gigabytes, so I tried to update the bios to the latest version with the fujitsu tool and goodbye....
Now it starts after touching the heatsink but there is no image. The fan goes at full speed but, as I say, without an image.
I get the feeling that something in the bios has gone wrong and I have no idea how to fix it.
Any help would be more than welcome.

Postscript: I have a bios programmer that I bought a long time ago but I have no idea where the bios is and if the problem with it booting but no image is this.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: AH 531 turns on but nothing is seen on the screen when updating... bios problem?

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Dec 07, 2023 14:48

Hello,

Thank you for contact with FTS.

The archived Fujitsu Lifebook AH531 was a solid and reliable notebook in a classy black high-gloss finish to overcome your daily challenges. 2nd generation of Intel(R) Core(TM) processor, eg. I7-2640M should be compatible with the platform. The maximum supported RAM capacity was 8GB, hence please remove modules above the 8GB.

There are still a BIOS packages available to download from our website for DOS and Windows in different versions, where the latest is 1.30 from 2012:

BIOS Admin Pack - LIFEBOOK A531/AH531 1.30 (28/05/2012):
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 92968EC3F2

Kind regards,

Forum Support Team

JoséLuis
Product(s): fujitsu lifebook ah531

Re: AH 531 turns on but nothing is seen on the screen when updating... bios problem?

Postby JoséLuis » Thu Dec 07, 2023 15:20

Thank you.
How can I install that bios if the laptop turns on but there is no image?

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Dec 14, 2023 14:59

Hello :)
Thank you once again for your contact.

Windows BIOS Update Utility - LIFEBOOK A532/AH532 2.09 (08/03/2013):
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 1168C35C2A

BIOS Admin Pack - LIFEBOOK A532/AH532 2.09 (08/03/2013):
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 866E60CC77

This BIOS version can only be used on a System with BIOS 2.xx.
Update from BIOS version 1.xx to 2.xx is not possible !!!
Connect AC adapter before flashing !!!
Please suspend BitLocker encryption before updating the BIOS on a computer that has BitLocker enabled.

Please reboot your system after flashing.

Kind regards,
Forum Support Team

Return to “LIFEBOOK”