T937 Lifebook Battery drain-completely

Moderator: ModTeam

velani
Product(s): T937, T938

T937 Lifebook Battery drain-completely

Postby velani » Fri Aug 25, 2023 20:57

Hello,

I have a Lifebook T937 laptop running Win 10 Pro. It is in immaculate condition since I have barely used it. Whenever I turn it on after several months to get all updates, it is dead as a door nail. Lately, it also loosed the clock settings which I have to set in BIOS. It has the latest BIOS v1.27.
After I update it while charging the battery, I turn it off Completely, not just close the lid however I had noticed that when I turn it on (before the battery completely dying and losing clock settings), it was behave like it woke up from hibernation and then again completely shut off. I never put it to sleep or close the lid, I completely shut down the Lapton Win 10.
What could the problem be? Is there a secondary battery that is draining the config? The primary battery is verified good. Why would it wake up from a sleep mode while I turn it off completely?
Would appreciate all the help I can get. I am happy to answer any questions not covered.
Thank you in advance.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: T937 Lifebook Battery drain-completely

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:07

Hello Velani,

Thank you for contacting Fujitsu Forum Support!
In addition to the main battery there is a RTC battery is responsible for maintaining constant power of CMOS. Please provide SystemScan for further analysis. Can you confirm whether you received any error messages during POST after the reboot?

Thank you,
Fujitsu Forum Support

velani
Product(s): T937, T938

Postby velani » Thu Sep 07, 2023 19:48

Hello Fujitsu,

Thank you for the response. The error was received POST since the battery was completely drained. What is the replacement part number of the RTC battery in a T937? Think that is the culprit. Unfortunately, this T937 is out of warranty. System Scan showed absolutely no errors.

A part number of the CMOS battery would be super helpful.

Thank you.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Sep 12, 2023 15:11

Hello,

The part number for RTC battery for T937 is listed below. However, the issue might be more complex than a used battery - motherboard could also be defective. We kindly advise to contact one of our service partners.

-BT-RTC BATTERY(CR1632) W/CABLE

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support

Return to “LIFEBOOK”