S752 has only one boot menu entry

Moderator: ModTeam

Elmk
Product(s): LIFEBOOK S752, LIFEBOOK A530

S752 has only one boot menu entry

Postby Elmk » Tue May 16, 2023 6:14

I have a boot problem with my LIFEBOOK S752. I use Linux and install different Linux versions from time to time, also on different SSDs (you can change the SSD in the tray so nice and easy). Since a few days I suddenly can't boot from USB anymore. The boot menu has only one entry "Ubuntu". The diagnostic screen at system startup shows the USB stick, but it is not shown in the boot menu or in the BIOS at boot order. The computer can only boot from the currently installed disk, for any other SSD it says "no boot device found", even if it used to boot from the other disks without any problems. I have tried various settings in the BIOS and also loaded the BIOS defaults, but the boot menu does not change. I can only boot from the now installed SSD and from no other device including USB. What can I do ?
LIFEBOOK S752 Serial DSCV501633
BIOS Version 2.07 (2013)

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: S752 has only one boot menu entry

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed May 17, 2023 17:09

Hello!
Thank you for contacting Fujitsu!

Please note that E752 has reached EOSL status by 03.2020, also Linux operating systems are not supported on any Lifebook.

Check / adjust BIOS setting:
Advanced -> USB Features -> all should be set to enabled

Security -> Boot from removable media -> All

Verify if other SSD is detected correctly under BIOS-> System-> Drive configuration

I also suggest to update BIOS to latest version 2.17, however that can be done only under Windows or from USB stick
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 37141068BB

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support

Elmk
Product(s): LIFEBOOK S752, LIFEBOOK A530

Re: S752 has only one boot menu entry

Postby Elmk » Wed May 17, 2023 19:04

Thanks for your answer. I already tried out the suggested settings with no effect. Unfortunately I am not able to boot from USB or any other SSD, so a BIOS update cannot be done. It seems I have to live with the current SSD (it has the newest Linux Mint on it). It will be fine for some more years. LIFEBOOKS and Linux work fine together :D, this boot problem is not a Linux problem...

Return to “LIFEBOOK”