[E746] Hard brick after install EC Firmware Update

Moderator: ModTeam

Rasputin
Product(s): E754

Re: [E746] Hard brick after install EC Firmware Update

Postby Rasputin » Fri Feb 17, 2023 22:54

Ask Fujitsu wrote:Hello :)
Thank you for contacting Fujitsu.

No this hasn't helped, we want to hear a suggestion for a solution, not what can't be done.

Obviously the manual can't work if the update has destroyed the EC control.

So far your recommendations are aimed at what then, throwing away dozens of devices without replacement, even though it is clearly damage caused by your software?

matzefs
Product(s): lifebook e754

Postby matzefs » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:56

I have the same issue since one week. I am really pissed on Fujitsu. A very good notepod died because of these stupidnes...
I've tried the same way as Rasputin tries... but without success. I used different versions of the BIOS and EC...

Just to ensure and maybe the last point, where Fujitsu can showes his expertise....
BIOS chip is winbond W25Q64FV Chip and the other for EC, closed to W25Q64FV, is a W25Q80BVS?

I will ensure that I've flashed the right chips...

AnotherUser
Product(s): Lifebook E744

Postby AnotherUser » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:38

Hello Fujitsu Support and everyone.
I registered here on this forum just to say that I have the same issue with Lifebook E744, hard brick after EC Firmware Update. I find it totally unacceptable. The expensive laptop is now dead just because I applied the update distributed by Fujitsu specifically for this particular model. I am no more working with Fujitsu both as B2B and B2C partner.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Jun 06, 2023 16:36

Hello :)

Thank you for contacting Fujitsu.

We kindly advise you to reach our technical support team using this link: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexSel ... rope-panel. While following the link, please select Your Service Desk > Your Location > Country of Choice. Following these steps, you will then find all the contact information from the teams based in your region displayed on your screen. If your country doesn’t have a business unit, please select another country nearby your location so that they can assist you.

In the meantime, please let us know if we can further assist you.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”