u7410 bios upgrade with Linux

Moderator: ModTeam

urle
Product(s): LIFEBOOK U7410 [DSFF005449]

u7410 bios upgrade with Linux

Postby urle » Fri Nov 26, 2021 14:35

Hello,

I want to upgrade my u7410 from 2.12 to 2.18. As I'm running Linux on the box I tried it with FreeDOS but couldn't boot from the stick. I turned of secure boot but still get only the warning, that the system couldn't boot.
Any idea or alternatives?

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: u7410 bios upgrade with Linux

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:13

Linux is not supported on this device. Therefore, we only provide Windows based tools for bios update.***
We offer no other bios update tools. You can use a Windows PE with integrated bios driver and so on and using Deskflash for bup file (Admin pack). But this is not supported by us.

Hello and thank you for contact.
You Lifebook U7410 is is a slim and light ultra-mobile notebook based on the 10h generation Intel(R) Core(TM) – code name: Comet Lake.
BIOS upgrade process in Comet Lakes is a little bit different from its predecessors. Systems based on Intel’s "Comet Lake" platform do not require a bootable USB drive (Free DOS) for a BIOS update from USB.
The suggested and easiest method of BIOS upgrade in Fujitsu Lifebooks is always the DeskUpdate solution:
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Deskupda ... asp?lng=en
DeskUpdate is an application for automatic software installation (drivers and utilities) and BIOS updates.
In case of other than Windows operating system or no operating system at all, we suggest using a portable/Live! Windows edition for example: Windows PE:
https://docs.microsoft.com/pl-pl/window ... windows-11

Please contact with our Service Desk to contact with Service Partner to get support and detailed technical information about this particular case.

Kind regards,

Forum team

Return to “LIFEBOOK”