LIFEBOOK T900 Won't Open After Sleeping

Moderator: ModTeam

nyctos
Product(s): Fujitsu Lifebook T900

LIFEBOOK T900 Won't Open After Sleeping

Postby nyctos » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:55

Hello!
My mum gave her LifebookT900 to me to use it for school. We rarely use it though, since we have a better laptop but now it's gone so I have no choice to use this lifebook.

There's nothing wrong with the lifebook, it's runs pretty well and fast too, even if it's been around for a decade, until I shut the lid off because I have to leave for a while. When I came back and opened the lid, the monitor stays blank but the 3 lights near the switch button(?) kept flashing. I tried shutting it off and turning it on yet the same thing happens. The lights turn on and flashes 2 times and stays off for a few seconds then flashes again repeatedly.

I watched Youtube videos with the same issue as mine and followed them (removing the charger and battery, hold the power button for 30 seconds and put the battery & charger back) and none of them works unfortunately.

I don't really know what to do anymore and I'm afraid my mum will find it out. I really really need it to use it for my classes. Now I'm just borrowing someone's laptop to send this message. Please help.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: LIFEBOOK T900 Won't Open After Sleeping

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 14:08

Hello! :)

If it is possible, please connect an external monitor to the affected notebook and then check if the image will be displayed on it.

We are waiting for your feedback.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Team

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: LIFEBOOK T900 Won't Open After Sleeping

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:11

Hello!

Does the issue happens with the sleep or hibernate modes, or only when the LCD is closed?
Please can ask the customer to test the Laptop with an external monitor connected and see if the same thing happens and the external monitor also does not receive images.

If the issue is the computer not coming back from sleep at all, they can try by checking the Power Settings for the "Hybrid Sleep" to be set to "off", if this does not work, also turn off the hibernation mode following the same steps below and selecting 0 or Never; the "Hibernate" option is right below "Hybrid sleep".

Steps to get into the power options.
Select the “Start” button, then select “Settings” (gear icon).
Select “System“.
Select “Power & sleep“.
Ensure the “Sleep” setting is set to the desired value.
Select “Additional power settings” in the right pane.
Select “Change Plan Settings” next to the option that you have selected.
Select “Change advanced power settings“.
On the “Power Options” screen, go to Sleep, expand it, then expand "Allow hybrid sleep" set both options off.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Support Forum

Return to “LIFEBOOK”