CMOS battery S7220

Moderator: ModTeam

Budji
Product(s): LifeBook S7220

CMOS battery S7220

Postby Budji » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:28

Does Lifebook S7220 have a small rechargable CMOS battery or does it use a feed off from the main battery?
If a replaceable small battery, where is it located and how much strip down is required to reach it.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: CMOS battery S7220

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 13:57

Hi Budji

here's the feedback we got from our team: "There is CMOS battery installed.

Due to the fact that Lifebook S7220 had reached EOL long time ago, we do not provide technical support or spare parts for this model.
Moreover, we do not provide customers with hardware disassembly instructions other than what is generally available on our support site for this model:
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/indexdow ... B9DCADBC15"

Best regards,
Ask Fujitsu - Forum team

Jujitsu_Simons
Product(s): Lifebook S7220

Postby Jujitsu_Simons » Sat Jul 09, 2022 14:54

Budji wrote:Does Lifebook S7220 have a small rechargable CMOS battery or does it use a feed off from the main battery?
If a replaceable small battery, where is it located and how much strip down is required to reach it.

Replaced the CMOS battery earlier this week as I kept getting the error on screen..
It's a simple 2 pin connector and a Lithium battery like CR2032 however a fair amount of disassembly required.

The battery is attached to the main board with a double-sided tape and is located on the other side of the Expresscard slot.

Laptop is designed well so even though you have to take it apart it's very serviceable - unlike today's laptops?!

The problem is, after I installed the new battery and assembled it all back the laptop no longer works.. :cry:

I have rebuilt over 20 laptops so always work with ESD mat & bracelet, no silly mistakes etc and yet all I get now when I turn it on is the Power on icon on the small display, the Battery icon and a flashing ScrollLock icon but nothing else, no display fan etc.

20220707_214003.jpg
20220707_214003.jpg (91.38 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

Is there a way to fix this?

Budji
Product(s): LifeBook S7220

Postby Budji » Tue Jul 26, 2022 14:46

Thank you for your reply.
I have to admit that I gave up trying to reach the battery. I guess for the very reason that I would end up with a dead laptop.
It is a serviceable laptop but seems like you have to like totally disassemble to reach the inner parts.
I cannot understand why Fujitsu does not want to make service data available for products that are obsolete. But then it was impossible to get anything out of Fujitsu “ts” even when being a Fujitsu employee.

Jujitsu_Simons
Product(s): Lifebook S7220

Postby Jujitsu_Simons » Sun Jul 31, 2022 21:58

Yes, the laptop is serviceable and well designed/built..
Too bad a simple CMOS battery replacement can totally brick it - so I'd say leave it like that.

If the battery is attached via a 2 pin connector it sort of signals that is 'serviceable'.. if I was to do it again I'd probably connect a 3v source on the 2 pins while swapping the batteries but now it's too late..

Return to “LIFEBOOK”