Factory Reset: Fujitsu AH532 Laptop

Moderator: ModTeam

JamesCRocks
Product(s): Fujitsu AH532

Factory Reset: Fujitsu AH532 Laptop

Postby JamesCRocks » Mon Apr 12, 2021 14:09

Hi,

I seem to get problems like this a lot recently so it's arguable this is me getting old and stupid despite a long career in computing (I retired 4 years back). Bear with me :)

I have a Fujitsu AH532 which, as far as I can tell, fully supports nothing higher than Windows 8.0 by which I mean that's as high as the driver support appears to go (even though, when I got it, it had a part-functional version of Windows 10 on it). It offers partial support for Windows 8.1 and 10 but, particularly on recent versions of Windows 10, it is sluggish in operation; it takes the best part of two minutes to reach the desktop, folders seem to take ages to open and shutdown takes nearly half-a-minute whereas they are reasonably snappy on Windows 8x and shutdown takes less than 10 seconds. Windows 8.1 and higher versions don’t seem to support the trackpad.

Code: Select all

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit, Build 9200, Installed 20210411094222.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Hard Drives: C: 446 GB (413 GB Free);
Motherboard: FUJITSU FJNBB2A, s/n 578703-01R3401224
System: FUJITSU // Phoenix Technologies Ltd., ver FUJ - 20E0000, s/n YLKV149823
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I found a Fujitsu support page for the drivers, but listing them on the page and actually getting them to download seem to be two entirely different level issues.

Normally laptops offer some kind of factory reset option and I suspect this one once had one, it just doesn't any more by which I mean I have tried every way I can to do a factory reset, it just doesn't work. Equally clearly, the factory reset partitions are still there (image attached), just inaccessible to me; which brings me to my question.

Is there any way of accessing the reset files and reinstalling them on the hard drive that doesn't involve the standard way of doing it? Pressing [F12] brings up a boot option list as expected, but apparently it should also have a recovery option on it and it doesn't.

Thanks

James
Attachments
computermgmt.png
computermgmt.png (56.64 KiB) Viewed 112034 times

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Factory Reset: Fujitsu AH532 Laptop

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:36

Hello and thank you for your contact :)

After searching some archives, (Lifebook AH532 is out of support for some time now, and was designed when Windows 7 was the most popular OS) I was able to find the information that can hopefully explain the not visible menu.

Fortunately, besides the drivers for Lifebook AH532 on our site, you can also find some manuals and documents. One of them named “Recovery” is entirely about how to bring back the initial OS.
You can download it from here: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 59A3F717FA.

We recommend that you back up all your data files before reinstalling the operating system, as the restore process will delete all files from your hard disk. Also, please see the document before recovery and follow other disclaimers and conditions to make the recovery safe and easy.
In short, the F8 key (not F12) should bring up the recovery menu.

Details under the given link!
Fujitsu Forum Team

JamesCRocks
Product(s): Fujitsu AH532

Postby JamesCRocks » Tue Apr 13, 2021 17:09

Hi,

Ask Fujitsu wrote:After searching some archives, (Lifebook AH532 is out of support for some time now, and was designed when Windows 7 was the most popular OS) I was able to find the information that can hopefully explain the not visible menu.

Thank you and I understand that :)

Ask Fujitsu wrote:Fortunately, besides the drivers for Lifebook AH532 on our site, you can also find some manuals and documents. One of them named “Recovery” is entirely about how to bring back the initial OS.
You can download it from here: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 59A3F717FA.

We recommend that you back up all your data files before reinstalling the operating system, as the restore process will delete all files from your hard disk. Also, please see the document before recovery and follow other disclaimers and conditions to make the recovery safe and easy. In short, the F8 key (not F12) should bring up the recovery menu.

Unfortunately, because I could not access the original Windows 10 build, I rebuilt with Windows 8 so backups aren't an issue.

The [F8] thing doesn't seem to work (I've tried several times) and, since it is now a non-Fujitsu Windows 8 build, which also means that the OS based recovery (Start - All Programs - Maintenance - Backup and Restore - Recover system settings on your computer - Advanced recovery methods - Reset computer to factory settings) doesn't work. Presumably that requires the Fujitsu already on it?

I can access the recovery partition and, looking for setup.exe, found the following executables:
* OBRSetTool_amd64.exe
* OBRSetTool_x86.exe
* ReBuildSSD

Is it possible I could run one of those in order to start the reset process?

Thanks for your help so far :)

James

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:57

James,

Originally installed OS was Windows 8.

No need to have any "Windows 10 build".
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 59A3F717FA

Fujitsu Forum Team

Return to “LIFEBOOK”