New battery for AH532

Moderator: ModTeam

PeteB
Product(s): AH532

New battery for AH532

Postby PeteB » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:33

I now have 5 brand new batteries bought (& refunded, thankfully) for my AH532, all apparently for this model,. but all of which cause the laptop to not even be able to be turned on when plugged into the charger. Install the battery - nothing; plug in the charger; still nothing.
Sellers have suggested that only original batteries would work, but I have installed two replacement third party supplied batteries since I bought the laptop new, and both have worked fine. The current one is a Powersmart NFJ083.083, serial no CL017I7731, but I cannot find this model anywhere - I've emailed the manufacturers in Hong Kong, but had no response.
My laptop - which I would love to carry on using as it still works really well (I did treat it to an SSD) - is an AH532, serial no YLKV012693.
I hope someone can help

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: New battery for AH532

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:58

Dear Pete

I have sent your enquiry to our team to further analyze it.
We will shortly be with you, so please bear with us!

Best regards,
Forum team

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Mon Nov 30, 2020 15:05

Dear Pete

The feedback we received is that unfortunately, this is an EOL device and no spare parts nor replacements are available. Third-party replacements were not tested by Fujitsu therefore we can't guarantee compatibility.

It's an old device with some service history so it is possible that some internal component may be defected, however, this should be inspected by the authorised service partner.

Best regards
Ask Fujitsu - Forum Team

PeteB
Product(s): AH532

Postby PeteB » Sat Jan 16, 2021 21:16

Hi
Thanks for the response - apologies for the delay - I assumed I'd get notified of replies, but hadn't ticked the box.

Anyway, I'm sorry you can't suggest anything, though I understand why; I was hoping another user might have some relevant experience. The service history you refer to was teething problems to do with the webcam & (I think!) keyboard, and the battery has been replaced successfully twice since then.

I'm still open to advice/suggestions . . .

Return to “LIFEBOOK”