Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook U747 keeps typing the letter T on it own

Moderator: ModTeam

Sannie
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens U747

Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook U747 keeps typing the letter T on it own

Postby Sannie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 19:35

My Fujitsu Siemen U747 laptop keeps typing the letter T. At first I disabled the hardware from the laptop because I though there was something wrong with the keyboard. When I did some extra research I found out that most likely some of the drivers need to be updated. The regular way of update the drivers via Device Manager is not working.
When I did a perform diagnostics of the laptop, it says the mouse driver is missing. Can anybody tell me how I can download the right drivers?
I tried the Driver Manager Utility but can I cannot download the right driver from there.

Thank you for help.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook U747 keeps typing the letter T on it own

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:27

Hello and thank you for contact.

Issue description sounds like a mechanical failure of the built-in keyboard. Please check with connected external keyboard and see if that will change the situation or just replace the built-in keyboard.

Regarding the "driver manager" - we do have software solution called "DeskUpdate".
Please use this software for automated drivers download and update:
DeskUpdate (Setup) 5.01.0064 (24/06/2020)
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... D3861AE17E

Regarding manual driver installation, here's the link to device driver:
FUJ02E3 Device Driver 4.2.1.0 (22/11/2018)
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 72A76A4106
and
FUJ0430/FUJ0420 Device Driver 3.0.0.3 (22/11/2018)
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 52EF9EFDBB

Best Regards :)

Sannie

Postby Sannie » Thu Oct 08, 2020 16:45

Thank you so much. I have connected an external keyboard and disabled the hardware, but the problem keeps existing. I will try the link. If you may have heard about this before, please let me know.

Ask Fujitsu

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Fri Oct 09, 2020 14:37

Hi Sannie!

Please try the link and let us know if the problem persists :)
Best Regards

Sannie

Postby Sannie » Sun Oct 11, 2020 20:06

Dear Fujtisu,

I have tried the links but the problems still resists. Do you know how I can set the laptop to its original settings? I saw an option but it asks for a password, but I cannot type it in because the laptop keeps typing 't' on its own.

Ask Fujitsu

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:01

Hi Sannie,

The Issue description sounds like a mechanical failure of the built-in keyboard.´ Therefore the permanent solution for this would be a keyboard replacement. Hence, also we are unable to check if the device is still under the warranty.

If the warranty is no longer valid, you should contact the IT service and ask if they will be able to provide such replacement.

The workaround is to use an external keyboard.
We don´t have experience nor we hadn´t heard about such problem before and this is not very common problem. From the other hand it is very characteristic for hardware keyboard malfunction.

Best Regards

Sannie

Postby Sannie » Mon Oct 12, 2020 23:27

Dear Fujitsu,

Thank you for the quick response. I checked whether it was a keyboard hardware problem, but found out it was not:

- I used an external keyword but the problem remained
- I disabled the driver of the keyword using device manager, but the issue remained.
- Finally, I opened up the laptop and disabled the keyword there, so it made absolutely no connection to the laptop.

I found some advice online to run a performance rapport. It said that the mice driver was missing, I checked the device manager and noticed it was true.
Other people on the internet also mentioned it could have something to do with missing drivers. Yet when I installed the drivers provided in the link nothing happens.

Some say you need to drain the battery and then the problem is solved. I tried that as well.
Finally some say you have to set the laptop to the original setting (so a completely clean) laptop. I am trying this, but I am not sure how I can restore the laptop to its basic form. I tried it via a special start up, but if I select the option, it says I need to put in my password, but I cannot do that because the keyboards keep typing t.

Do you have any idea how I can restore the laptop to its original settings? Since I have disabled the keyboard entirely I think it is not a keyboard issue.

Ask Fujitsu

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:17

Dear Sannie,

Hello and thank you for your contact again and for the patience during this process. Do you mind providing your serial Number?

Also, please try once more the options below and using the links provided and let us know again.

Issue description sounds like a mechanical failure of the built-in keyboard. Please check with a connected external keyboard and see if that will change the situation or just replace the built-in keyboard.

Regarding the "driver manager" - we do have software solution called "DeskUpdate".
Please use this software for automated drivers download and update:
DeskUpdate (Setup) 5.01.0064 (24/06/2020)
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... D3861AE17E

Regarding manual driver installation, here's the link to device driver:
FUJ02E3 Device Driver 4.2.1.0 (22/11/2018)
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 72A76A4106
and
FUJ0430/FUJ0420 Device Driver 3.0.0.3 (22/11/2018)
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 52EF9EFDBB

Best regards,
We look forward to hearing back from you

Sannie

Postby Sannie » Fri Nov 27, 2020 17:10

Dear Fujitsu,

Thank you and apologies for the delay. This is I think my serial number: 01A-Z170424003584ZH 2017.04 ZH. Or P/N: CP734928-01.

Thank you.

Sannie

Postby Sannie » Thu Dec 03, 2020 20:54

Dear Fujitsu,

I also have a purchase receipt. I bought the laptop on 6 December 2017, so less than 3 years ago and read on the website that the warranty 3 years. As you can see the problems with the laptop already arose in September. Is it possible to apply for the warranty?

Best wishes

Sannie

Postby Sannie » Sun Dec 06, 2020 19:42

Dear Fujitsu,

Can anyone please contact me? I have tried to use a contact form somewhere on the website, but it is very complicated to find one and to contact you.

Best wishes,

Ask Fujitsu

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:19

Dear Sannie

We apologize for the delay.

Another ticket will be opened to be able to assist you with your enquiry.
Please bear with us and thank you for contacting us again and for your patience.

Best regards,
Ask Fujitsu - Forum team

Ask Fujitsu

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Mon Dec 14, 2020 13:10

Dear Sannie

Hello and thank you for your answers.
Unfortunately, none of the provided numbers is a serial number of your device (one of these is a part number).

We need the serial number of your device to check the warranty and possible warranty replacement of the keyboard. Please when you have it email it to us at user.forum@ts.fujitsu.com - as you may know, this type of information is confidential and shouldn't be shared on this public forum.

To establish serial number please run our software - Systemscan.
You can also download the Systemscan from this link: http://docs.ts.fujitsu.com/dl.aspx?id=7 ... 170745cbe9

Please unpack and run it. The Systemscan software will generate .*htm file which we need back, so we can check your serial number.

If you run into trouble accessing the Systemscan please email user.forum@ts.fujitsu.com and we can attach the ´Systemscan.zip´ and send it to you to perform this step.

Waiting for your feedback on this.
Best regards,
Ask Fujitsu - Forum team

Return to “LIFEBOOK”