U727 Backlight fuse

Moderator: ModTeam

Jamesruk
Product(s): Life book U727

U727 Backlight fuse

Postby Jamesruk » Thu Jul 23, 2020 13:46

Hi all,

First time posting - I have a Lifebook U727 with no backlight. The screen, if out in an identical lifebook works perfectly. So i know the screen is fine, i have also changed the graphics cable and it has made no difference. So it certainly looks like an issue with the motherboard, I have heard/read it may be the infamous backlight fuse but I cannot find this at all and no guide helps me.

So hopefully someone has a motherboard schematic perhaps or happens to have any other ideas?

I can upload pictures of the board if it helps?

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: U727 Backlight fuse

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:21

Hello and thank you for contact.

To avoid misunderstandings please confirm that the main problem is with the LCD backlight. LCD is almost full black and when you connect external display everything works fine (e xcept the LCD) - is that true?

If above is correct we suggest to check the Mainboard LCD socket for any damages and general MB condition.
2. replace the LCD module nad LCD cable with new parts.
3. if this will bring no solution and as the final step: replace the MB.

If you need more information on this please provide serial numbers of the device and donor device (we can then check both installed LCD panels for compatibility).

Pictures of the mainboard would be helpful if anything unusual is visible. Otherwise they are not necessary.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”