[A544] BIOS upgrade brings back constant high CPU load

Moderator: ModTeam

nicoursi
Product(s): lifebook a544

[A544] BIOS upgrade brings back constant high CPU load

Postby nicoursi » Tue Feb 11, 2020 22:00

Hello,
Windows is pushing a new BIOS upgrade (1.2.4) for battery charging control on LIFEBOOK A544.
With this new update, the system uses constantly 80% of one (out of four) CPU. This happens on Windows (with System process) and on linux (with kworker).

This high CPU usage problem got solved with 1.2.0 update, but it was brought back by every next update up to 1.2.5, which is the last one available.

I had to downgrade to version 1.2.0 (fixing the CPU load bug again), but I would like to have the battery bug fixed, and at the same time having a normal CPU usage.
I don't know how to officially file a formal bug report, so please do it for me, or tell me how to do it.

If somebody needs to downgrade, he/she should disable the "build date time checking" by running in DOS the following command: dosflash /bbl /cvar /silent /sd /file BIOS.Cap

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: [A544] BIOS upgrade brings back constant high CPU load

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:29

Hello! Please provide the SystemScan report for further investigation.

Please also run Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool after an upgrade to higher BIOS version and to provide the results: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... ostic-Tool :)

Fujiuser96
Product(s): A544

Postby Fujiuser96 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 18:30

Hi support.

I recently rebuilt an A544 with Windows 10 and after upgrading the BIOS to 1.25 I am having the same CPU issue. One core is 80% all the time. The process causing the load is acpi.sys (system)

Is there a fix for this please?

The serial is *******

Ask Fujitsu

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Nov 10, 2020 18:13

Dear Fujiuser96

This is the information we receive:

Lifebook A544 is already in its End of Service status, therefore no new BIOS updates are planned. If an update to BIOS version 1.25 doesn't solve the issue then the only solution is to downgrade to version 1.20.

Also, the only tested and supported versions of Windows 10 is 1506. Newer is not recommended and significant functionality restraints may occur.

Best regards,
ASK FUJITSU

Fujiuser96
Product(s): A544

Postby Fujiuser96 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 20:40

Can you provide instructions on how to downgrade the BIOS? I understand the BIOS installation will exit if it detects a newer version?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Shame no new BIOS can be supplied

Ask Fujitsu

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:37

Hi Fujiuser96

The feedback was that yes, this might happen. Downgrading BIOS is never a recommended action but in this case, customer can try the procedure described in the first post on this thread.
Please note that any updates/downgrades on BIOS users are performing on their own responsibility.

Hope this information is helpful.
Best regards,
ASK FUJITSU

Return to “LIFEBOOK”