LIFEBOOK A557 DOESN'T BOOT

Moderator: ModTeam

bigsam
Product(s): Laptop Fujitsu LIFEBOOK A557

LIFEBOOK A557 DOESN'T BOOT

Postby bigsam » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:02

Greetings,

I have a laptop LIFEBOOK A557, which doesn't boot to BIOS.
The symptoms that I detect are:
- The screen is allways black, no information is shown on screen after I press the power button;
- When I press the power button, the two left side leds turns on (wireless and other) and also the power button led turns on, but after about 30 seconds, the leds turnn off and on again, like if the system is rebooting again;
- I tested connect an external monitor, to see if I get any image, but still nothing;
- I tested the the power adapter, and it seems ok;
- I tried to remove the laptop battery and reboot without the battery, but still no good;
- I also removed the cover bellow the laptop, to see the CPU fan, and the fan works when the power is on, and stops when the leds turn off;
- I also tried to boot without the memory card, to see if the laptop complains, but still nothing.

I think the laptop have some problem with the motherboard, and I just would like to know if it's something that it's worth to repair or replace the motherboard?

Is there something more that I can do to test the laptop???

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Sam

OliverS12
Product(s): printer

Re: LIFEBOOK A557 DOESN'T BOOT

Postby OliverS12 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 17:58

bigsam wrote:Greetings,

I have a laptop LIFEBOOK A557, which doesn't boot to BIOS.
The symptoms that I detect are:
- The screen is allways black, no information is shown on screen after I press the power button;
- When I press the power button, the two left side leds turns on (wireless and other) and also the power button led turns on, but after about 30 seconds, the leds turnn off and on again, like if the system is rebooting again;
- I tested connect an external monitor, to see if I get any image, but still nothing;
- I tested the the power usps tracking adapter, and it seems ok;
- I tried to remove the laptop battery and reboot without the battery, but still no good;
- I also removed the cover bellow the laptop, to see the CPU fan, and the fan works when the power is on, and stops when the leds turn off;
- I also tried to boot without the memory card, to see if the laptop complains, but still nothing.

I think the laptop have some problem with the motherboard, and I just would like to know if it's something that it's worth to repair or replace the motherboard?

Is there something more that I can do to test the laptop???

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Sam

One of mine too has the same issue. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Oliver
Last edited by OliverS12 on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:17, edited 1 time in total.

ShepardN7
Product(s): Lifebook A512

Postby ShepardN7 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 0:11

Hello bigsam and OliverS12,
It looks like a problem with the motherboard. Many people have this problem with this model. Someone found a solution, but did not explain how. I recommend that you to go to a store specializing in computer repair. If the motherboard needs to be replaced, refuse, it would be more expensive than buying a new PC.

sammin
Product(s): Fujitsu S904 laptop

Postby sammin » Mon May 25, 2020 7:28

If your laptop is relatively old, you can choose to replace it with a new one. Replacing a new motherboard is more expensive

Return to “LIFEBOOK”