Internal display remains black

Moderator: ModTeam

gerdtak
Product(s): Lifebook A512

Internal display remains black

Postby gerdtak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 17:40

Hi,
I have a problem with my Lifebook A512 and the internal screen always stays black, no matter what I do. I've already tested a replacement screen and a replacement display cable from another Fujitsu Lifebook A512, both of which work in the other device, but unfortunately the internal screen in my notebook still stays black. The external screen works fine (I'm writing about that right now).
I would love to use my Lifebook on my travels and would be very grateful if you could help me somehow. Is it possible that there are any software setting that prevents the display to turn on for my internal screen? (I've already tried FN + F10, it does not work ...).

Many Thanks.

OliverS12
Product(s): printer

Re: Internal display remains black

Postby OliverS12 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 14:18

gerdtak wrote:Hi,
I have a problem with my Lifebook A512 and the internal screen always stays black, no matter what I do. I've already tested a replacement screen and a replacement display cable from another Fujitsu Lifebook A512, both of gimp freejobalert notepad++ which work in the other device, but unfortunately the internal screen in my notebook still stays black. The external screen works fine (I'm writing about that right now).
I would love to use my Lifebook on my travels and would be very grateful if you could help me somehow. Is it possible that there are any software setting that prevents the display to turn on for my internal screen? (I've already tried FN + F10, it does not work ...).

Many Thanks.

Yeah same issue here too. Some help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Oliver

sammin
Product(s): Fujitsu S904 laptop

Re: Internal display remains black

Postby sammin » Mon May 25, 2020 7:30

You can try to enter the system from safe mode, if it does not turn black screen, then reinstall the system. If the safe mode is still black, it can only be a hardware problem. First check if the data cable is plugged in, and then check if the power cable is plugged in. Look at the output port of the graphics card for oxidation or rust. If it is ruled out, remove the graphics card and try to clean the golden fingers of the graphics card with an eraser. If you have not tried it, it is the problem of the display itself.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”