e754 - Numeric keypad doesn't work at all

Moderator: ModTeam

pimentalo
Product(s): Lifebook E754

e754 - Numeric keypad doesn't work at all

Postby pimentalo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36

Hello,

After changing thermal paste on my Lifebook e754, my keyboard doesn't work as expected.
It behaves like a 14" laptop keyboard without numeric keypad.
  • No key on the numeric keypad is working
  • The numeric keypad number are mapped on letters: (789, UIO,JKL)
  • The "Num lock" key doesn't work. With "fn"+"Num lock", it seems the computer act as if I pressed "Print screen"
I tryed to force the keyboard in 101/102 keys by forcing the Windows driver - to no avail.

Any idea?

Thanks

-- Edit
I disabled numlock with a software so I can type text. After a few days, I can now say that:
  • Alt-Gr key is not working (Ctrl + Alt is working)
  • Insert/Del key are not working
  • But Fn+Fxxx combinations seem to work (especially for backlight and volume)

fujuser
Product(s): Lifebook E754 vPro

Re: e754 - Numeric keypad doesn't work at all

Postby fujuser » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:43

I had exactly the same problem after replacing my display. Everything went fine with the display, but the keyboard went haywire afterwards (the notebook obviously thought there was a small keyboard without numpad connected, all numpad keys dead, a few of the others not working: Numlock, Alt-Gr among them). External keyboard was fine, but switching numlock status this way only activated the virtual numpad for small keyboards. Had nothing to do with any operating system, because the effect was already visible entering BIOS setup, for instance. Replacing the keyboard with a new one did not solve the problem. Updating BIOS (to 1.37) including clearing settings neither. Only after disconnecting the battery* for two days, suddenly everything was working again. No idea what the problem was, though. (*the big one, NOT any CMOS battery)

Return to “LIFEBOOK”