Restart and Shutdown Result in Black Screen

Moderator: ModTeam

sheilaanderson
Product(s): FUJITSU Display P27-8 TS UHD

Restart and Shutdown Result in Black Screen

Postby sheilaanderson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44

Hi there,

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 that is 5 years old now. I've been having a problem with rebooting or shutting down. When I do, it starts going through the motions, but eventually stops on a black screen indefinitely (the power light is still on, fan still runs). I will also just get a black screen if I close my laptop and then open it back up.

If I hold the power button for a few seconds, just to get out of the black screen, it will turn off for a second, then turn back on and continue through the restart, or it will go to the "Windows did not start successfully page" with the options for rebooting normally, in safe mode, etc.

The first option means I occasionally do restart "normally", but it is nonetheless an issue. Just recently I did a fresh install of Windows 7, and I had the problem both before and after the installation. I'm thinking it's some kind of hard drive or BIOS issue? Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

evvivame
Product(s): AMILO PRO V2045; ESPRIMO P2510, ESPRIMO P5710, LIFEBOOK AH502,P410

Re: Restart and Shutdown Result in Black Screen

Postby evvivame » Tue Apr 17, 2018 18:06

Hi
to remove your doubt about the hard disk, download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (version free) ( https://www.hdsentinel.com/ ).
If you have problem to "read" any warning pls tell me !

Return to “LIFEBOOK”