555A - Impossible to clean white letters on keyboard keys

Moderator: ModTeam

bladerunner
Product(s): Laptop LIFEBOOK 555A

555A - Impossible to clean white letters on keyboard keys

Postby bladerunner » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:20

Hi!
Model: Lifebook 555A

Recently I purchased new laptop Fujitsu Lifebook 555A. Everything was fine on the begging all works fine. After one week of regular usage I noticed the white letters on keyboard keys got pretty dark some more some less. I thought this is the dirt accumulated which is normal so I took some fresh cotton and put a bit water on it as this always worked magic. This time no change. Same as before. Didn't clean it nothing. I tried again and again -> nothing, no change. I used some special cleaning solution and tried same...nothing. No change. I observed the white letter print quality and noticed the print absorbs the dirt/grease from skin and becomes part of a print color it self. it seems my keyboard keys have very bad quality letter print and the print is unusually thick. Probably defective print or wrong paint color it self. Actually I gave up with normal cleaning attempts. The only thing I didn't try is to remove key by key and use brush with some solution. But I hardly doubt this would work. I probably got defective key prints. Now my question is if this is normal problem to all 555A laptops (perhaps bad color choice/design) or is just my case such. Also I would like to remove all keys out and replace it with new ones without unscrewing anything just to pop out the key and replace it while keyboard on board if this is possible. It seems this is the only solution or to have dirty looking letter prints...??

antikythera
Product(s): LIFEBOOK A512

Re: 555A - Impossible to clean white letters on keyboard keys

Postby antikythera » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:28

it's the way the keyboard letters are made. The translation isn't great in the FAQ on the support website to English but basically once the keys discolour like that there's nothing you can do

The production process for this keyboard is lasing.

On black keyboards, a light discoloring may occur
caused by chemical reaction. This discoloring can be different depending on intensity of usage, used
skin care products and cleaning supplies.

The discoloring is not avoidable and no reason for
reclamation.

A couple of my keys are also darker than others even though I'm careful to wash my hands before using it to minimise grease etc.
LIFEBOOK A512 (FJNBB29) - Intel Core i3-3110M, 16GB Crucial Micron DDR3 1600 RAM kit, 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD

Return to “LIFEBOOK”