Lifebook U759 Thunderbolt 3 display troubleshooting

Moderator: ModTeam

Thunderbolter
Product(s): Lifebook U759

Lifebook U759 Thunderbolt 3 display troubleshooting

Postby Thunderbolter » Wed Jun 15, 2022 13:00

Hello!

We have at work Lifebook U759 laptops. As a monitor I am using LG 38WN95C-W which has a resolution of 3840 x 1600 and Thunderbolt 3.

Lifebook U759 has a Thunderbolt 3 port labelled with the thunderbolt sign, and the laptop data sheet states it has specs as follows:
USB Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 (10 Gbps), Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 (20/40Gbps), Power Delivery (15W), DP 1.4

However, when trying to plug the U759 to the 38WN95C-W via Thunderbolt 3 cable, it only recognizes it as an usb device, charges the laptop but does NOT provide video signal.

Does Lifebook U759 support video over Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt?

I have tried all possible troubleshooting steps, drivers, windows update, bios settings, bios update, reinstalling thunderbolt software -- everything is up to date and up to par. I have verified the thunderbolt cable is functional by plugging it into a Macbook -> video signal attained.

Is there something I am missing with Lifebook and its thunderbolt functionality?

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Lifebook U759 Thunderbolt 3 display troubleshooting

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:19

Hello :D
Thank you for contacting Fujitsu!

The LIFEBOOK U759, a slim and light ultra-mobile notebook based on the 8th generation Intel Core processor provides a modern workplace environment with compact and versatile Intel Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C connector.

Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C will charge your laptop, transfer files at fast speeds, connect external monitors and other peripherals.
Interface specs:
USB Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 (10 Gbps), Intel Thunderbolt 3 (20/40Gbps), Power Delivery (15W), DP 1.4.

To use additional video interfaces via Thunderbolt 3 you will need to have a USB Type-C Port Replicator 2.
Available video interfaces without port replicator in Lifebook U759 are:
- DP / HDMI / VGA
Additional video interfaces with port replicator:
- DP / VGA / HDMI

LIFEBOOK U759 Data Sheet:
https://extranet.ts.fujitsu.com/sites/d ... K-U759.pdf
USB Type-C Port Replicator 2 Data Sheet: https://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/Publicat ... ator-2.pdf

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Technical Support

Thunderbolter
Product(s): Lifebook U759

Re: Lifebook U759 Thunderbolt 3 display troubleshooting

Postby Thunderbolter » Thu Jun 16, 2022 13:48

Thank you for your reply!

Do I understand correctly that LIFEBOOK U759 does not natively support video over its Thunderbolt 3 port without the use of a Port Replicator? So a direct Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt monitor signal is not possible? In the interface specs you posted it does say 40Gbps Thunderbolt + DP 1.4 -- doesn't this mean it supports video over thunderbolt?

Return to “LIFEBOOK”