U749 - headset microphone not detected - audio input jack

Moderator: ModTeam

Product(s): LIFEBOOK U749

U749 - headset microphone not detected - audio input jack

Postby 501824679 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:54

Dear All,

I got an issue with the jack audio 3.5 input on my laptop, it´s about a week that that my Jabra evolve 30 II headset microphone is not recognized anymore (it does not appear in the recording devices in the Sound panel), the ouput function is OK so I can hear all sound coming from the system but if I speak during a zoom meeting, skype call, or if I try to record thru Windows Voice Recorder app my voice is captured not through the Jabra microphone but only thru the built-in microphone of my laptop.

The Jabra headset is working fine on other laptops/desktop pc and I have also tried to test other Headphones with mic on my Fujitsu laptop and I got the same issue, the microphone is not recognized.
Just to mention that if I plug my Jabra using the usb cable the microphone is working perfectly.
All the apps in windows 10 have access to the microphone
I have already uninstalled all the sound devices, reinstalled all the audio drivers but the issue using the audio jack still persists.
Thank you in advance for you support.

Regards

G.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: U749 - headset microphone not detected - audio input jack

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Fri May 07, 2021 9:14

Dear 501824679

According to the information we received from our team, this model has a Sub-board for the audio jack input, which according to the troubleshooting performed is the one at fault.

We recommend you to reach your local Fujitsu Service Partner or Service Desk and provide them with the information given here in the forum, so that the component can be replaced.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards

Ask Fujitsu - Forum Team

Lithosphere
Product(s): E5511, E5510, A556, E5590, A512, A556G

Re: U749 - headset microphone not detected - audio input jack

Postby Lithosphere » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:33

why you think it has output & input? For many years they saved the mic part and it's only output. Last Fujitsu with 3,5mm mic&spkr I saw was the A512. Long time gone.
Just check the sign nxt to the jack carefully. It sould tell the bare truth.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”