Replace Keyboard in Lifebook S904

Moderator: ModTeam

MatSaleh
Product(s): Lifebook S904

Replace Keyboard in Lifebook S904

Postby MatSaleh » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:55

When I emigrated to Malaysia in 2014 I brought with me a brand new Lifebook S904. Now the keypad needs replaced and I got one from Ali Express in China. I could not find a local parts stockist and Ali Express/Ebay/Amazon were my only hope.
The local computer shop, that I have used for my HP laptop, disassembled almost all the necessary parts apart from one, but had to give up as he didn't want to break it. He has a a good reputation but was stumped this time.

Please, Has anyone the assembly/disassembly instructions for replacing the keyboard on a Lifebook S904 or can offer any advice?

Many thanks,

Mat Saleh

MatSaleh
Product(s): Lifebook S904

Re: Replace Keyboard in Lifebook S904

Postby MatSaleh » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:15

Problem solved:

I took the Lifebook S904 to a Mall (Low Yat) that is dedicated to IT, Phones and peripherals with the thinking that someone would be able to dismantle and be able to reassemble it.

The first person I approached said he could do it within 45 minutes. Lo and behold, within the 45 minutes, it was ready and working (apart from a Windows update giving me a scare as it would not start).

He did tell me that replacing a keyboard in other laptops is a fairly easy task but the Lifebook S904 needs to be almost completely disassembled. Learning curve for both of us!

The cost for doing this was about USD$ 10 so money well spent - now very happy :D

samulej
Product(s): laptop

Re: Replace Keyboard in Lifebook S904

Postby samulej » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:47

tnx i have same problem showbox
spotify premium

Return to “LIFEBOOK”