[V6535] Wont boot after failed windows 7 update

Moderator: ModTeam

cronusza
Product(s): Esprimo mobile V6535

[V6535] Wont boot after failed windows 7 update

Postby cronusza » Thu Mar 15, 2012 14:10

Hi all,

Essentially I updated windows 7. Asked me to reboot to install the update. Reboot takes me to screen saying " do not turn off the PC, updates installing". I leave it 24 hours like that, still nothing, so I decide to restart. Now the laptop will no longer boot windows. When I turn on it takes about 2 minutes on the fujitsu splash screen (normally it used to take 5 seconds max) than goes to a black screen with a white flashing cursor at the top left. I can go into BIOS (ver 1.22). Only real thing that I could think of to change was the boot device priority. I set it to USB: CD-ROM and put my windows CD in in hopes of repairing it with that. Doesnt boot from CD, still just goes to annoying black screen with white cursor. When left on that screen for a long time ( havnt timed it, probably around 30 mins) I get a screen saying:
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable, Operating system not found" I dont know if this is it trying to boot through the network or something? Why wont it boot through USB:CD ROM? any ideas? How can I save my data, or in the least, format and fresh install? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Allan

cronusza

Re: [V6535] Wont boot after failed windows 7 update

Postby cronusza » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:13

Can someone just tell me if the V6535 uses a USB CD ROM drive for starters perhaps?

cronusza

Re: [V6535] Wont boot after failed windows 7 update

Postby cronusza » Mon Mar 19, 2012 16:56

I take out the 15 screws to have a look at whats under the hood, dont notice anything wrong, dont touch anything. put the lid back on. Turn on laptop just to take the disc out. then suddenly laptop is working again. Funniest part is that I barely move my laptop around, its basically my desktop. Poor workmanship I guess.

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”