Fujitsu Technology Solutions - Forum

Esprimo Mobile V5535 fails to start

Moderator: ModTeam

Esprimo Mobile V5535 fails to start

Postby kdavidson on Mon Sep 27, 2010 13:30

I have an Esprimo Mobile V5535 which recently has failed to start - it was fine until a few days ago, with no particular reason for the failure.

I have checked the power supply and it is supplying power okay. The machine fails to turn on, with no LEDs showing at all (and not beep codes), either with the mains power connected or on battery. I have also tried starting with no battery and just the mains power supply - same thing - but I am not sure if this laptop supports that.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else to try?

Keith Davidson
kdavidson

Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5535

Re: Esprimo Mobile V5535 fails to start

Postby sabrex on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55

Hi
Remove the battery, remove the mains and hold the power button for 10 secs. plug the mains back in (not the battery) checking the dc socket is not moving around there should be no excessive movement on the dc socket. try powering on then.

if still no power then would suggest a more serious failure has occured
sabrex

Product(s): Various

Postby kdavidson on Tue Sep 28, 2010 20:48

Sabrex,

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately it makes no difference - the machine still refuses to come back to life :(

K
kdavidson

Postby silviainabox on Mon Oct 04, 2010 20:15

I have the same problem. After trying all what I could try I had no other alternative than taking the notebook to the technician. The problem is in the mother board and it seems that is a known problem of this model of notebook. The cost of reparing the computer is not so low but .... no other possibility .
Sorry, but this is not good news. :oops:
silviainabox

Product(s): esprimo mobile 5535

Postby kdavidson on Sun Nov 14, 2010 20:19

Just to say this has now been happily resolved.

The machine was out of warrantee but I contacted Fujitsu repairs in the UK. After an initial phone conversation with and engineer, where they discussed some of the suggestions listed here, which I told them I had tried, they then suggested returning the machine for inspection and possible repair. They were very clear about the costs involved for collection and inspection of the machine.

The machine was collected and within 2 business days the fault was discovered as a problem with the power supply (although I had previously checked that and believed it to be working). I purchased a new power supply at a very reasonable cost from the repair centre. The machine is now back working as before.

I continue to be impressed with the service department of Fujitsu.
kdavidson

Return to ESPRIMO Mobile