SURVEY what u do with ur ESPRIMO (user driven)

Moderator: ModTeam

durian22
Product(s): esprimo 6535 and a million pound thetare, and some samplers and mixing desks and camera and audio stuff that makes yer ears bleed. x

SURVEY what u do with ur ESPRIMO (user driven)

Postby durian22 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 21:04

I would very much enjoy reading your contributions

I am in no way connected with Fujitsu or microsoft, I am an 'end user' who just bought an ESPRIMO at the ripe old age of 53.

Just for sharing, what software do you have on your ESPRIMO, what do you use it for, where do you use it, do you like it.

it would also be nice to know minor personal details that you may like to share, dont feel you have to. Have you had many problems? anything you want to write really.

On my part:
I am a 53yo associate lecturer at a university in sussex uk. The esprimo was bought for me to use for work but will also be a 'personal staff research' machine, so am completely free of any IT dept and I alone am responsible for its use, so that is really cool. ITS MINE!

work = PAT testing records, inventory of technnical equipment in the department, internet email, google and audio processing in emergencies....

software: office, audacity, super, cam studio, virtual dub, vlc, avg, firefox, videodownload helper for firefox, and some stuff to go on soon which will be lightbox firestone picture, and some more audio things.

I have only had this LT a few days

after the first two days it refused to wake up from sleep, it turned out to be AVIRA anti virus. I updated its bios and reinstalled win7 again to get away from the fujitsu install which inc trial of norton and office (yuk) and running windows 7. it runs like a dream

I run ubuntu live cd on it sometimes, i am considering going ubuntu 100% as I have on my pc network at home along with two XP desktops. The esprimo 'talks' to all of the network quite happily.

All in all I love the ESPRIMO, i prefer the silver metalic finish to the high street glossy piano black toshiba/acer/dell

the keyboard is a dream to type on. I have a macbook at home and its keyboard is nice, but i prefer typing on the esprimo.

I love win 7. this is my first experience of win 7, never saw vista. I have used computers since ATARI 1040st for steinbergs first PRO16 then PRO24 and on to cubase. i know 98 an xp inside out.

the esprimo is a delight, the battery life is not great. I have a radio mouse which makes it much nicer than the track pad. I miss the double finger page scroll of the macbook!

i just love fujitsu , they make military kit, so in my book, that makes them fabulous to use.

I am ex royal navy

please feel free to contribute if you have the time, as i say i am in no way connected to any manufacturer, I just love my esprimo..

what do you think of yours

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”