Main Memory not working probably

Moderator: ModTeam

abdohell
Product(s): esprimo mobile m9400

Main Memory not working probably

Postby abdohell » Mon Mar 08, 2010 15:53

i have a esprimo mobile m9400 laptop,i get a lot of crashes of many programs even after i clean install a new windows so its not from it.
so i checked my laptop with system diagnostic utility from the support website,anyway it came up with 2 things after extended scan :
1-main memory
DIFS system code: 24WF-YNVJ-0ZZV1-4P8B6-UA

Serial number: YKBU025864

Model: ESPRIMO MOBILE M9400

2-DVD/CD-ROM
no media present

the dvd/cd drive is ok i guess because i use a lot and its fine,plz help me with the main memory thing because i am desperate thanks in advance,Good Bye

myxal
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile U9200 (T9300, 8GiB RAM, 250 GB SSD, multiboot Kubuntu, Win 2003)

Re: Main Memory not working probably

Postby myxal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 21:28

I haven't used and didn't know about the diagnostic tool but you can test RAM with MemTest86 - you can download the iso from their site or get any Linux CD, where it can also be found and run.

With system behaving as you describe, memtest should pick up the errors immediately. If you do get errors, you can try removing the memory module and cleaning the contacts and trying the test again. Otherwise, contact Fujistu (if it's still under warranty) or get new memory.

abdohell

Postby abdohell » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:02

Thank you for answering so fast.but.......there something important i forgot to mention :
this thing started to happen when i started to format my self but when i format at a tech he fixes it somehow though i do download all drivers and important things. i tried to ask him but he refused to say and said this will make him lose money so he wont tell me

i will run memtest and i will get back to you with the resault.....
thanks again for the usefull replay

abdohell

Postby abdohell » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:50

sry for the late reply i had some problems with my internet... anyway the resault i got with memtest86 is about 1000 errors at 40% then my laptop just shuted it self off ....... i gave to someone that might fix it and he said he fixed for me so i toke it and try it and its still the same crashes and even more......but when i ran the fujitsu system diagnostic it came up with a diffrent serial for the error though its still there..............................

plz i am dieing for help,tell me what to do :( :( :( :( :(

myxal
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile U9200 (T9300, 8GiB RAM, 250 GB SSD, multiboot Kubuntu, Win 2003)

Postby myxal » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:58

There's not much I can add to my earlier suggestion - take out the RAM and inspect the contacts (on the module and on the connector), and if possible, replace it with new/different modules. Also check your BIOS version - sometimes newer releases fix incompatibilities with specific model (you can read about it in the "changes").

There's also the possibility it's only seated wrong. If you have multiple modules, try testing one at a time.

The windows crashes are beyond doubt caused by faulty memory - don't bother booting windows before you get a clean memtest result.

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”