Start-up problems windows XP

Moderator: ModTeam

SW1987
Product(s): Esprimo mobile

Start-up problems windows XP

Postby SW1987 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 14:18

Hello,

Since 2 years I have an Esprimo Mobile V5505. I haven't had any problems until yesterday.

When I turn the laptop on, it loads Windows XP. Right after, it shows a blue window, which only lasts for less than a second. After that, the laptop re-boots, giving a black window with options for save start-up, last known working configurations and normal start-up. It doesn't matter what option I choose, the laptop keeps rebooting. Sometimes the laptop succeeds in starting windows, which allowed me to do some diagnostics.

The command chkdsk works, but it doesn't give any results. When I do systemcontrol, it runs, but it doesn't give a report. The first option doesn't work, second does, but again, it runs, but doesn't give any report that some area's have been repaired.

At the moment, my only option seems to re-install windows, but I'm reluctant to do that. I've got several programs in a student version, and re-installing windows means I've got a lot of admistrative problems to re-install those programs...

Can anybody help me ?

By the way, I live in Belgium and the laptop is (I believe) just outside warranty...

Sara

ramik
Product(s): v6545

Re: Start-up problems windows XP

Postby ramik » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:52

hello sara.

I want U to try something .
Log on to the bios options and disable native sata mode and see if it helps (assuming U have that option in your bios).
If it does there could be a problem with your sata drivers and they need to be reinstalled before enabling the native mode back.

hope it works..
best regards
rami kobaivanov.

Oadbylad
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo v5505

Postby Oadbylad » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46

ramik
Ive got a similar problem...but if you use the desk top up date tool would this not cure the problem saras got ?
Ive tried it for my problem but its not cured it and im now still looking for an answer
You need oval balls to play RUGBY

myxal
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile U9200 (T9300, 8GiB RAM, 250 GB SSD, multiboot Kubuntu, Win 2003)

Postby myxal » Tue Jan 11, 2011 18:31

The problem occurs whenever the setting (Native AHCI vs. IDE compatible mode) changes, which may or may not happen during BIOS update. The setting needs to be what it was during installation. It doesn't really matter which is set when you can't boot - try toggling it to the other one and see what happens.

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”