Moderator: ModTeam

agneslesage
Product(s): Esprimmo Mobile U

Audio problem - with hi speakers

Postby agneslesage » Fri Oct 02, 2009 14:36

Hello
I have a esprimo mobile U9200 with Vista Pro installed
The sound card is Realtek ALC 262 I think
The device manager only shows Realtek High Defintion Audio Driver that works correctly
The problem is: the sound comes out properly if I plug in an external audio device (hi speakers or helmet), but not anymore with the built in hi speakers of the notebook.
Whether I "test it" using the Realtek or the Windows sound manager, it is the same
This happened now - previously, onbly the left one semt to be working when the test was playing stereo.
I wonder: is it possible the equipment is physically damaged?
If so, what should I do?
Thanks
Agnes

anor
Product(s): Esprimo U9200

Re: Audio problem - with hi speakers

Postby anor » Wed Oct 07, 2009 20:30

The sound in the built in speakers is VERY weak in my U9200, and has always been. I think I'm not alone.
Question: Was it a satisfying sound in yours?

myxal
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile U9200 (T9300, 8GiB RAM, 250 GB SSD, multiboot Kubuntu, Win 2003)

Re: Audio problem - with hi speakers

Postby myxal » Thu Oct 08, 2009 0:27

I believe the only way to get satisfactory sound with U9200 is to use external speakers/headphones. Heck, even a Bluetooth headset isn't that bad in comparison to the built-in speakers.
It could be damaged or disconnected, try booting a liveCD with Ubuntu or something and check the sound there. The switching between speakers and audio jack is done in software and if the driver/volume control in Vista screwed up you could be seeing-uhh, hearing this behavior without physical damage on the notebook.

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”