How to install AHCI controller

Moderator: ModTeam

elena09
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V6545 glare

How to install AHCI controller

Postby elena09 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 23:22

Hello,

I have an Esprimo Mobile V6545. I could install Windows XP professional SP3 ONLY after I disabled AHCI from BIOS. I downloaded the Sata AHCI contoller from Fujitsu downloads, I read the instructions of installation (quotation:
How to install(XP/2000) :
1.Bootup installation disk of Windows.
2.Push `F6` key when reading copy files at first.
3.Then, continue to install Windows as messages.
closeing qutation).

But I don't understand those instructions from above.

Could you please indicate me exactly and with more details how to install that AHCI? (If I enable AHCI in Bios, an error message appear and Windows doesn't boot). Thanks. Elena.

SSmith
Product(s): Xi 3650
EM V5545

Re: How to install AHCI controller

Postby SSmith » Tue Jul 28, 2009 0:58

Not easily!

The method you have explained can only be used on a machine with a floppy drive. You put the files on a floppy disc and press F6 at the first point of the blue screen when you boot to the XP install CD.

But you can not do this as the laptop has no floppy drive (unless you have a compatible external USB floppy drive).

To install XP with AHCI enabled in BIOS you will need to build the drivers directly into your XP install CD. To do this you can use a program called nLite (http://www.nliteos.com/download.html), which will let you add the SATA AHCI drivers you have downloaded from the FTS web site directly into the XP install and make you a new XP install CD.
Steven

Black Dog
Product(s): ESPRIMO Mobile V6535

Re: How to install AHCI controller

Postby Black Dog » Wed Oct 07, 2009 13:18

On 20-07-2009 01:22:05 +0000 elena09 wrote:

e> I could install Windows XP professional SP3 ONLY after I disabled AHCI from BIOS
[^Y]
e> Could you please indicate me exactly and with more details how to install that AHCI?

You can install AHCI drivers on XP after system installation manually, if you are still interested I can give you details.

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”