[V5505] Just a few questions

Moderator: ModTeam

Monotoko
Product(s): Fujitsu Esprimo Mobile V5505

[V5505] Just a few questions

Postby Monotoko » Sat May 09, 2009 1:08

Hiya guys :) since i cant access the tech specs for the V5505 (i tried, got 404 -.-) i thought i would try to ask here. I'm thinking of upgrading
the RAM in my V5505, and need to know what type of RAM it has, its frequancy etc. I also need to know how many RAM slots it has, i have 2GB at the moment, and im assuming its taken all of my RAM slots?

I also would like to know if Windows 7 RC works well on it? I'm currently using Windows XP.

And a final question, i accidently wiped out my recovery partition once when installing Ubuntu....is there anyway i can get a legal version of vista and just use my product key?

qwak
Product(s): ESPRIMO MOBILE V5535
Bought on April 08
Intel Celeron 1.8Mhz - 1.5 GB RAM

Re: [V5505] Just a few questions

Postby qwak » Sun May 10, 2009 23:19

Monotoko wrote:Hiya guys :) since i cant access the tech specs for the V5505 (i tried, got 404 -.-) i thought i would try to ask here. I'm thinking of upgrading the RAM in my V5505, and need to know what type of RAM it has, its frequancy etc. I also need to know how many RAM slots it has, i have 2GB at the moment, and im assuming its taken all of my RAM slots?

You can download the Data Sheet of the latest Esprimo V5505 here http://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/docs/ds_e ... _v5505.pdf

It says in the third paragraph (MEMORY) that it has 2 slots allowing a maximum of 4 GB, meaning 2GB in each slot. It is very easy to replace, I did it in mine. You need to buy the right RAM cards, which are DDR2-667 SDRAM (I bought the KINGSTON brand, see here http://tinyurl.com/ramv5505) and you replace the ones you have just by opening the laptop and inserting the new RAM cards in the slots. Get the User Manual on the Fujitsu Siemens web site and you will see graphic expanation on how to open and do it if you have difficulties (it's just easy). If you can't find the Manual, you can download it from here in Spanish, but in page 27 you will see the graphics http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nmendzjjznt .You can buy the RAM in any computers shop or on the internet, but it has to be exactly that model called DDR2-667 SDRAM. in the size you choose.

Make sure that your V5505 is the same model than this latest one they talk about. I don't know if older models have a maximum of 4 GB, as mine, for instance, has a maximum of 2 GB only (although it is a V5535) Just make sure.

I also would like to know if Windows 7 RC works well on it? I'm currently using Windows XP.

I tried first the 32 bits version and it was slow in my V5535 1.5 GB RAM. I then tried the 64 bits verion and it was much faster and usable. Not as fast as XP but decently ok. You decide.

And a final question, i accidently wiped out my recovery partition once when installing Ubuntu....is there anyway i can get a legal version of vista and just use my product key?

I don't understand what you mean and what you need here.
Last edited by qwak on Sun May 10, 2009 23:49, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”