wireless connect problems..esprimo5535

Moderator: ModTeam

jankalkan
Product(s): esprimo 5535

wireless connect problems..esprimo5535

Postby jankalkan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 23:17

Can anyone advise me how to get on the internet with my new laptop. The WAN is on, the router is connected to the main pc..but when I try & get on the internet with my new laptop, i'm only getting local access & not the internet... Its driving me crazy trying to sort it out. Any help is appreciated.. And b4 you ask, i checked the tools bar & 'working offline is not ticked! Thanks anyone..

pecko88
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile v5505

Re: wireless connect problems..esprimo5535

Postby pecko88 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 0:31

A bit more info please... :wink:
What is you router config ?
Do you use DHCP server/client to obtain automatic IP/Gateway cofig ?
Have you tryed to enter the IP and Gateway manualy ?
Are you able to connect other PC's to your router wirelessly and if so, how ?

jankalkan
Product(s): esprimo 5535

Postby jankalkan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:41

no to all of the above.. Sorry I am computer literate but wireless ignorant! How do I find out the gateway? And do i insert the ip addy of the main pc or will it be different for the laptop? If I plug the broadband cable into the latop i can get online...but that defeats the object. Soon as i unplug it i'm offline! It looks like the laptop is online but it says 'local access' which is obviously zilch! HELP.. all help is REALLY appreciated...

poppy
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5535

Postby poppy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 19:37

Presumably you have tried rebooting the router? Sometimes I have switched it off for 15 - 30 minutes, deleted the connection in Manage Wireless Connection, rebooted and set it up again, inputting the passphrase and it seems to have worked.
Sorry if you have already tried this.
On one or two occasions I have had this problem I have also sorted it by resetting the network adapter.
To do this, in the Network and Sharing Centre, go to Manage Network Connections, find your connection, right-click and select Disconnect. If you then reverse this it resets it.
Also, have you tried Diagnose and Repair?
Good luck - I know how annoying these things are.

aly369
Product(s): fujitsu siemens esprimo mobile v5535

Postby aly369 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 23:35

i had this problem i think i fixed it when i did a bios update ans some new wifi drivers

pecko88
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile v5505

Postby pecko88 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 22:14

Since you cant setup your wireless router on your own and have tryed @poppy's sugestion (if they dont work), I would sugest you ask for a help from someone who knows his way with wireless routers, to set it up for you.
BTW. I wouldn't advice flashing the bios, unless you've tryed everything.
And if you do decide to flash your bios, ask for help from someone who has some knoledge about bioses, couse if you make a mistake you'll end up with a brick... :o

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”