[V5545] Problems with integrated webcam

Moderator: ModTeam

MarcusK
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5545

[V5545] Problems with integrated webcam

Postby MarcusK » Wed Mar 11, 2009 21:40

Hi guys,

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5545, with a built-in 1.3mp webcam. Recently, I reformatted my hard-drive and reinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium. Since then, I have been unable to use my webcam: there is no driver shown for it on the website, and when I use Fn+F7, I hear the USB device connect/disconnect sound, but the camera still does not appear in Skype or Windows Live Messenger. In the Device Manager, it appears as Sonix FT50220 Camera, and disappears when I disable it using Fn+F7.

I installed (then uninstalled) a generic Bison driver I found with a Google search, then tried the driver for a slightly different F-S model. Neither worked.

A Google search on "Sonix FT50220" shows no results. Searches for "Sonix Webcam" and "Sonix Camera" do the same. I have found only very scanty references to Sonix as a company, and I've run out of things to try.

Any suggestions? Does the camera even need a driver (I was under the impression it was driverless?)

Thanks in advance.

M.

aperinat
Product(s): ESPRIMO Mobile V5545

Re: [V5545] Problems with integrated webcam

Postby aperinat » Sat Apr 18, 2009 22:07

I have the same problem with the camera. I have downloaded the "Webcam test" from Fujitsu support but it just tels me "no web cam detected"

Please someone give us a hand. Thanks in advance!

hana
Product(s): Siemens Fujitsu esprimo mobile V5545

Re: [V5545] Problems with integrated webcam

Postby hana » Wed May 12, 2010 11:31

i do have the same problem since i got Win7 ... can someone plz reply

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”