[V5535] Modem advice

Moderator: ModTeam

Alchad
Product(s): V5535

[V5535] Modem advice

Postby Alchad » Wed Feb 25, 2009 19:44

Hi,

New member. I'd appreciate some advice about the V5535.

Basically, one of my neighbours can't get broadband (very rural!) and has previously used dial up. She has just bought a secondhand V5535 but couldn't get it to connect to dial -up. The only apparent difference was that the new laptop ran Vista rather than XP on her old machine.

I went round to see if I could help, and in checking (Control Panel - Phone and Modem Options) it appears the laptop doesn't have an internal modem. In Googling I found that the modem was apparently only an option so I need to come up with some other way for her to connect to the internet. HOWEVER, before I go down that route, I'd just like to physically confirm that the laptop doesn't have a modem. Could anyone either point me in the direction of a diagram showing the modem in position - I took of one of the back covers and found where I thought it could go, but I'd like to know for certain.

Also, is it still possible to buy a modem and fit it yourself?

Thank you Alchad

Josephe
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5535

Re: V5535 Modem advice

Postby Josephe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 18:51

The modem is not build into the laptop.You can buy modem and use to your dial-up connction but the laptop got only wireless and LAN interface.So is much easyer to buy a wireless router with bild in modem...

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”